Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wii BACK AT HOME



Well mom & dad made it back home last night form the OBX and yes they bought the Wii home with them. Andrew also came home them and I got to play the Wii Olympics for the first time and I got a feeling my arms and shoulders are going to be hurting by this afternoon from playing the Wii Olympics. We mostly played some of the running and swimming events and I fared much better on the running events. After playing the Olympics we had a pinball tournament on the Wii between me, dad & Andrew and I am happy to say that came away the champ in that. I think I will be ok once I get he hang of the Wii Olympics. South Richmond Post 137 season came to an end last nigh when Las Vegas beat them 6-1, they finished 3rd in the country in American Legion baseball. I think I am coming down with a cold or some type of sinus issue, my nose has been running quite a bit and I sneezed all day yesterday and that has caused my PAIN index to rise. There are now 9 people playing the Mickey's Place college football pick em game, just remember you will need to play each week to keep it a good contest. If anybody else would like to play just send me an e-mail with your picks and if you have any questions just call me. MICKEY

There is only one way to happiness, and that is cease worrying about the things which are beyond the power of our will.
Epictetus

WHAT IS TODAY?
National Dog Day
Pony Express Day

The top five high school graduation rates by U.S. states:
1. New Jersey
2. North Dakota
3. Iowa
4. Vermont
5. Wisconsin

Ways to Get Out of Your Running Rut By Christine Luff
Play Beat the Clock
I love doing this when I'm running an out-and-back route. Begin timing your run as soon as you start. At your turnaround point, hit the split button on your running watch/timer, or just take note of your time. Try increasing your pace on the way back, with the goal of beating your time for the first half.

Living in the Present
The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.


Ben J. Wattenberg Author 75
Tom Heinsohn Basketball Hall of Famer 74
Geraldine Ferraro Former Democratic vice presidential candidate 73
Vic Dana Singer 66
Tom Ridge Former director of homeland security 63
Valerie Simpson R&B singer (Ashford and Simpson) 62
Bob Cowsill Singer (The Cowsills) 59
Brett Cullen Actor 52
Branford Marsalis Jazz saxophonist 48
Jimmy Olander Country musician (Diamond Rio) 47
Chris Burke Actor ("Life Goes On") 43
Riley Weston Actress, writer 42
Melissa McCarthy Actress ("Gilmore Girls") 38
Jamal Lewis Football player 29
Thalia Singer 37
Macaulay Culkin Actor 28
Chris Pine Actor 28
Cassie R&B singer 22
Keke Palmer Actress 15

No comments: