Thursday, October 23, 2008

PHILLIES TAKE GAME 1



The Philadelphia Phillies too the lead early last night and held on for 3-2 win over the Rays in game 1 of the World Series. I watched the first 6 innings of the game and then I went to bed. They will play game 2 tonight in Tampa. I forgot to mention yesterday another reason my PAIN index was up yesterday and is still up today is that I had to take 8 bags of leaves, acorns and sticks to the street Tuesday afternoon and the bags had water on them which got all over me. Al did you get Direct TV yet. The Richmond Renegades will open up there season tomorrow night against the Twin City Cyclones at the Richmond Coliseum. It is a very cold morning here in CH again, right now it 36 and it is only going to warm into the upper 50's. I am still working on finishing my Christmas shopping but there are several individuals who I don't know what to get and the closer it gets to Christmas the more likely they may get something they don't want, I have tried to find out something they may want with no results. I think the state might have pulled the plug on Mark's computer. MICKEY

Success is achieved by those who try and keep trying with a positive mental attitude.
~ W. Clement Stone

TODAY IS
Televisions Talk Show Host Day
National Nut Day
National Mole Day

DID YOU KNOW
The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.

Makeshift Level
Need to level a picture or painting on your wall but you don't have a level handy? Just put a little water in a glass and hold it on the top edge of the frame. The frame is level when the water in the glass is.

There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple, or silver.

Sen. Jim Bunning, A baseball Hall of Famer 77
Philip Kaufman Director ("Invasion of the Body Snatchers") 72
Pele Soccer player 68
Michael Crichton Author 66
Barbara Ann Hawkins R&B singer (The Dixie Cups) 65
Mel Martinez U.S. senator, R-Fla. 62
Michael Rupert Actor 57
Dianne Reeves Jazz singer 52
Dwight Yoakam Country singer 52
Sam Raimi Director 49
Weird Al Yankovic Musical parodist 49
Doug Flutie Football player 46
Robert Trujillo Rock musician (Metallica) 44
Al Leiter Baseball player, sportscaster 43
Junior Bryant Country singer, musician 40
Jimmy Wayne Country singer 36
Keith Van Horn Basketball player 33
Ryan Reynolds Actor 32
John Lackey Baseball player 30
Masiela Lusha Actress ("George Lopez") 23
Briana Evigan Actress 22
Jessica Stroup Actress ("90210") 22

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Al - in answer to your question from yesterday - yes mickey's api should have gone down since he was able to catch Momma at home because he was very lucky that she was there to come to his aid

Melanie said...

Mickey - I want a Wii for christmas - I hope that helps you.

Claire said...

Melanie don't hold your breathe if you think Mickey will give you a Wii. I saw one at Target when I was home.

Al said...

direct tv will be hooked up tuesday when i'm off.

how come me ma who is ??(dads 68 you figure out how old she is)can pick up acorns, sticks and leaves all day and her api doesn't go up?

Al said...

yes i did know race rar spelled backwards still spells race car. there is a technical name for that but i can't remember what it is

Keith said...

Al, the technical term is Palindromes. Dad and I being RMC graduates are probably the only ones familiar w/ that term. Now the rest of you know!

Al said...

donna had told me that a while back but i figured i'd never use it agian so i didn't remember it!! should have know it would show of here.

how'd donna know it if she didn't go to rmc?

Bobby said...

I told her

Al said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm hhhhmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!