Thursday, June 12, 2008

WHERE IS EVERYBODY AT



Where in the world is everybody at, it is like a ghost town here on Mickey's Place. Keith & Mark haven't been heard from in a while and there are several others that barely make an appearance. It looks like they are to busy read whats been going on Mickey's Place. It is much cooler this morning than it has been in more than a week, it is cool 65 degrees and I even had to put my sweatshirt on this morning. My Pain index is still a bit elevated because my shoulder is still hurting from throwing batting practice on Tuesday, the only problem with throwing BP for the Appomattox League team is that we don't practice enough times for my arm to get use to throwing again. When I throw just about everyday I get used to it. If there anybody out there who reads Mickey's Place and would like to become a member let me know and I will send you an invitation so you will be able to make comments and if there are any members who forgot there password let me know and I will send you another invite. The participation on Mickey's Place has dwindled and I just might have to make a drastic decision. MICKEY

Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week's value out of a year while another man gets a full year's value out of a week.
Charles Richards

HEALTH EATING TIP
Have a mid afternoon snack. This will curb your appetite and provide fuel for your after work walk or workout at the gym.

DID YOU KNOW THAT
The first Lifesaver flavor was peppermint.

Sunscreen Myth
Can you get a sunburn on a cloudy day? Yes, clouds don't block the UV rays that cause sunburn, so you can still get a sunburn when it is cloudy outside. Since UV rays can be reflected off of water, sand, snow, and concrete, you can even get a sunburn in the shade.

David Rockefeller Banker 93
George H.W. Bush Former President 84
Vic Damone Singer 80
Richard Sherman Composer 80
Jim Nabors Actor-singer ("Gomer Pyle, USMC") 78
Marv Albert Sportscaster 67
Chick Corea Jazz musician 67
Roy Harper Singer 67
Len Barry Singer 66
Bun E. Carlos Rock musician (Cheap Trick) 57
Spencer Abraham Former secretary of energy 56
Junior Brown Country singer, musician 56
Rocky Burnette Singer, songwriter 55
Timothy Busfield Actor ("The West Wing," "thirtysomething") 51
Meredith Brooks Singer 50
Jenilee Harrison Actress 50
Paula Marshall Actress 44
Frances O'Connor Actress 41
Hideki Matsui MLB player 34
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Blues guitarist 31
Dallas Clark Football player 29
Wil Horneff Actor 29
Robyn Singer 29

Get moving
Get up and get going. If you feel lousy, it will make you feel much better, and if you already feel good, it will make you feel great.

You know all those things you've been meaning to get done for the past six months? Pick one right now and make it happen today.

Life is much more rewarding when you actively participate in it. This very moment there are good times in your life just waiting to be created.

Do you feel the need to be more positive about life and about the world in which you live? Then get moving and get yourself positively engaged in it all.

The moment you take positive action, your outlook begins to change. When you're making a difference, the world is suddenly a much better place.

Get hot, get cold, get tired, get informed, get out of your comfort zone and get involved in this magnificent life. Drink in the delightful richness of a life fully lived.
-- Ralph Marston

5 comments:

Al said...

i think you better send donna her password. i know she's forgotten it. just because people don't comment doesn't mean they are not looking!! this is my place for knowledge you know!

Claire said...

I also feel Mickey's pain when it come to reading the blog.

If you want me to tell Mickey my
e-mail is claire.goulder@yahoo.net and I will let him know.

mark said...

I AM HERE!

As I have said more than once, I spend the first few minutes of every government-paid morning checking out Mickey's place. Don't worry about where I am! I'm just taking it all in.

Bobby said...

I'll have to have a little conversation with King Kaine -Mark's Boss- about this

Keith said...

I've been reading and even posted earlier in the week.