Saturday, June 28, 2008

POSSIBLE TORNADO IN CHESTER, CARPENTIER ON THE POLE AT NEW HAMPSHIRE


There was a possible tornado in Chester yesterday afternoon in the Harrowagate Road and we didn't even get a drop of rain or hardly any wind here in CH. Harrowgate Road was closed in both direction because of trees down and there are couple of thousand people in that area without power as well. It looked like it was going to poor here in CH, but not a drop here at the house. Patrick Carpentier captured his 1st career pole yesterday at New Hampshire edging out Bobby Labonte for the top spot, Carpentier was helped by rain shower which at the track which delayed qualifying for a while and also cooled off the track. I was hoping to see Bobby Labonte pick up the pole in famous #43. The Indy Car Series is at Richmond this week, I went to one of these races and they just aren't for me, they go fast but there sure isn't a whole lot of racing. I understand that the Direct TV at the beach is now up and running, now I won't have to remember two different channel lineups. I might as well not went to bed last night, I didn't sleep very well at all. Fellow blogger Scott is leaving this morning for vacation. MICKEY

Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.
~ Dr. Rob Gibert


It’s fine to build some favorite foods into your healthy diet plan. Successful slimmers do it as it helps them avoid feeling deprived. Make sure you choose quality foods that you really feel like eating.

DID YOU KNOW
Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

Overcoming obstacles
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.


David "Honeyboy" Edwards Blues singer, guitarist 93
Mel Brooks Writer, producer 82
Bruce Davison Actor 62
Kathy Bates Actress 60
Alice Krige Actress 54
John Elway Football Hall of Famer 48
Saul Davies Rock musician (James) 43
Jessica Hecht Actress 43
John Cusack Actor 42
Mary Stuart Masterson Actress 42
Gil Bellows Actor ("Ally McBeal") 41
Danielle Brisebois Actress 39
Jimmy Sommers Jazz saxophonist 39
Tichina Arnold Actress ("Everybody Hates Chris") 37
Alessandro Nivola Actor 36
Camille Guaty Actress 32
Kellie Pickler Country Singer 22

7 comments:

Keith said...

New HDTV and Direct TV just in time for our arrival. You didn't have to do that!

Let me know where I can find ESPN Classic.

The '71 Harvard/Yale Game will be on Thurs. Now, that's a classic.

Where are the Woodfins Vacationing?

Keith said...

Tornado in Cheser? Not mentioned on the News, just goes to show that Mickey's Place is "Your place for knowledge"

Al said...

i check here for news before checking cnn!!

Mickey said...

They are vacationing at a beach in Georgia.

Bobby said...

Friends don't let friends watch cable.I try but my friends don't listen. FYI---- Keith---- Channel 208 is Espn Classic.. I enjoyed the Brown /Princeton classic of 1954 last evening. Old #44 -Dick Kaismeyer - was the star of the game.

Claire said...

I do learn alot at Mickey's Place but I want to tell everyone the WII is on the new TV.

Louise said...

I like the puppy !!!