Friday, June 27, 2008

NEW TV AT THE BEACH



It has come to my attention that dad has purchased a new HDTV at the beach and I also understand that Direct TV may not be far behind. The cable companies appear to be pricing themselves out of business and by the number of satellite dishes that are popping up here in Colonial Heights I think they are doing a good job at it. I can't believe July 4 is just 1 week away, next week at this time I will be at the beach or heading down there. I have talked to several people who been to the OBX this year and they have all told me it appears that the number of people there is down this year, I guess with economy as bad as it is this year fewer people are traveling this year. I just checked the price of crude oil this morning and it is as high as it has ever been, $141.37 a barrel whih means you will be paying more at the pump very soon. The POST 284 baseball team improved to 7-1 last night with a 11-5 win over POST 186, I did not go to this game it was at Dinwiddie High School. My PAIN index remains about the same, I think I pulled a muscle on the entire right side of my body. MICKEY

Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization. - Bo Bennett

Burn fat faster with coconuts. Coconuts are rich in MCT's which help the liver flush fat and boost metabolism by as much as 50%. Make sure you get fresh or non processed coconut with no additives. I WON'T BE EATING ANY COCONUTS

Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Put your shower curtain in the washer along with a couple towels, then add 1/2 cup of each detergent and baking soda. Then add 1 cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle. Take the shower curtain out of the washer before the spin cycle and hang it to dry.

TREATING A JELLY FISH STING, TRY THIS
1. Stay Safe! As always, safety is the most important step. Jellyfish tentacles (nematocysts) may still be on the skin. Follow universal precautions and wear personal protective equipment if available.

2. Rinse the tentacles off with salt water. Do not use fresh water, it will worsen the stinging pain.

3. Remove any remaining tentacles with a gloved hand or tweezers.

4. Watch for anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction).

5. Use vinegar (acetic acid) to neutralize the toxin in the nematocysts. In some cases, the use of vinegar is controversial (see tips below).

6. Restrict movement of the affected area to discourage envenomation.

7. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen will help relieve pain. Ice or heat may also help. Mild itching may be helped with diphenhydramine.

Ross Perot Business executive, former presidential candidate 78
Bruce Johnston Rock musician, singer (The Beach Boys) 66
Julia Duffy Actress ("Newhart") 57
Isabelle Adjani Actress 53
Lorrie Morgan Country singer 49
Brian Drillinger Actor 48
J.J. Abrams Writer, producer ("Lost," "Alias") 42
Jim Edmonds MLB player 38
Yancey Arias Actor 37
Tobey Maguire Actor ("Spider-Man" movies) 33
Drake Bell Actor 22
Ed Westwick Actor 21
Madylin Sweeten Actress ("Everybody Loves Raymond") 17

2 comments:

Bobby said...

In reference to the quote on Mikey's entry yesterday -Louise -I thouught i was the only adult on the blog that saw kung Fu Panda-It was said by the wise old turtle master.In case you missed the quote-Yesterday is history: Tomorrow is a mystery; Today s a gift,that is why it is called the present.

Louise said...

I saw it because I took 2 of my great-granddaughters to see it.