Sunday, June 08, 2008

IT WAS JUST HOT YESTERDAY



It was just flat out hot yesterday, it made it to 101 here in Colonial Heights and they now are calling for it to get to 100 today and tomorrow as well. It doesn't look quite as humid this morning but it 80 degrees at 7am though which should make for a very hot afternoon. This past weeks heat did effect my running quite a bit, after running 35 miles a week ago this past week I only made it 26.4 and it was a struggle to for me to get there. When it's that hot I just can't get in a good rhythm. The ACC rebounded very well yesterday in the NCAA baseball playoffs, they went 4-0 yesterday and all 4 teams can wrap a trip to the college baseball world series with a win today, if UNC lose today they will have another game on Monday but all the other teams have to win today. Brad Keselowski picked up his 1st career win last night on the Nationwide Series at Nashville driving for Dale Earnhardt JR., Keselowski held off David Stremme for the win, the Sprint Cup Series will race at Pocono today. I think the heat is effecting my sleeping habits as well, I haven't haven't slept good all week, I am tire when I go to bed but I just toss & turn all night. Well I have to go cut my hair it's getting a bit to long. MICKEY

Show others how the right attitude can change their lives.

DID YOU KNOW
The first product to have a bar code scanned was Wrigley's gum.

Taking Action
It's not knowing what to do, it's doing what you know.

FITNESS TIP
10,000 steps. Some fitness guidelines recommend reaching your fitness goals by walking “10,000 steps” per day. How far are 10,000 steps? Assuming the average person's walking stride is about 2.5 feet long, it would take over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, which would make 10,000 steps equal to 5 miles.

Don't feel as if you have to clean your plate, especially when eating out.
Mayo Clinic

Barbara Bush Former first lady 83
Jerry Stiller Actor-comedian 81
Joan Rivers Comedian 75
Millicent Martin Actress 74
James Darren Actor 72
Bernie Casey Actor 69
Nancy Sinatra Singer 68
Chuck Negron Rock singer (Three Dog Night) 66
Don Grady Actor ("My Three Sons") 64
Sara Paretsky Author 61
Kathy Baker Actress 58
Sonia Braga Actress 58
Tony Rice Country singer 57
Bonnie Tyler Rock singer 55
Griffin Dunne Actor, director 53
Scott Adams Cartoonist ("Dilbert") 51
Keenen Ivory Wayans Actor, director 50
Nick Rhodes Musician (Duran Duran) 46
Doris Pearson R&B singer (Five Star) 42
Julianna Margulies Actress 41
Dan Futterman Actor, screenwriter 41
David Sutcliffe Actor ("Gilmore Girls") 39
Nicci Gilbert R&B singer 38
Kelli Williams Actress ("The Practice") 38
Mark Feuerstein Actor 37
Lindsay Davenport Tennis player 32
Kim Clijsters Tennis player 25
Sara Watkins Country musician (Nickel Creek) 27

4 comments:

Keith said...

Hot!!! Is Right. I waited to cut my grass until 5 o'clock, but was still 100 plus degrees.

Today, I'm scheduled to play golf. I normally walk but I think I'll be in a cart.

Bobby said...

Maybe keith can get one with AC

Mickey said...

If I played golf I would be riding in a cart all the time.

Claire said...

What do you mean cut your hair