Monday, September 17, 2007

NOT A BAD BIRTHDAY, PACKERS WIN





Well I have to say that I didn't have to bad a birthday yesterday, I didn't do much though mostly just watch the race and some NFL football. I did go to Me Ma Ruth's for lunch and thats about it, I do want to thank everybody for all the birthday wishes though. I didn't sleep well last night though and it's cold this morning so my AIP has been elevated this morning. The Green Bay Packers picked up there 2nd win of the year in as many weeks beating the New York Giants 35-13, the Packers are even surprising me with there performance. Next week the Packers will face the San Diego Chargers, Go Packers. The Washington Redskins will be in action tonight when the travel to the City Of Brotherly Love to face the Eagles, I am predicting a Washington upset tonight. Clint Bowyer picked up his 1st ever Nextel Cup win yesterday at New Hampshire and it couldn't have come at a better time, Bowyer was the only driver in chase that didn't have a win. They did come by Saturday and work on the roof some, I think they are suppose to work on the new room some more today. MICKEY

If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.
Lou Holtz

1787 - The Constitution of the United States of America was signed by delegates from twelve states at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, PA. The U.S. Constitution is the world’s oldest working Constitution.
1872 - Phillip W. Pratt of Abington, MA patented an automatic sprinkler system for putting out fires. The system was operated by means of a valve to which cords and fuses were attached. The cords held the valve closed with a spring-loaded lever. In case of a fire, when the fuses ignited, the cords burned, and the valve opened, releasing a stream of water.
1920 - The National Football League was formed -- in Canton, Ohio. Canton is now the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
1953 - Ernie Banks became the first black baseball player to wear a Chicago Cubs uniform. Banks was also quick to say, “Let’s play two!” Banks was the Cubs’ outstanding shortstop from 1954 to 1960. In 1961 he was moved to left field, then to first base, where he spent the rest of his career. In 1969, Ernie Banks was voted the Cub’s best player ever by Chicago fans. ‘Mr. Cub’ retired in 1971.
1983 - The Cincinnati Reds honored Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench as he ended his 16-year career as a catcher.

Football Hall of Famer George Blanda is 80
Actor David Huddleston is 77
Actor Paul Benedict is 69
Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter is 68
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson is 62
Singer Fee Waybill is 57
Comedian Rita Rudner is 51
Singer BeBe Winans is 45
Actor Kyle Chandler is 42
Actor Matthew Settle is 38
Football player Mark Brunell is 37
Actress-singer Nona Gaye is 33
Country singer-songwriter Stephen Cochran is 28
Country singer Desi Wasdin (3 of Hearts) is 24

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Well Mick - I missed the Birthday wishes yesterday. It seems just like yesterday I used to take you to get Slurpee's so I could drive the car. Mom and Dad would always let me take the car if I told them I was taking you to get a Slurpee!!!

maryl said...

glad you had a good Birthday. I am sending Belated Wishes!