Monday, September 03, 2007

HEADING BACK HOME TODAY



Well I will be heading back to Colonial Heights around lunchtime today. We had a change of plans yesterday on where we were going to eat, we went to the Dunes for lunch instead of going to the Lone Cedar for dinner. I guess I will have to go to the Lone Cedar the next time I am down here. The wind has really died down this morning here on the OBX this morning so I might run outside before heading home. There is one college football game tonight when Florida State visits Clemson to play in the Bowden Bowl, I will be rooting for the Clemson Tigers in this one. Jimmy Johnson won last nights Nextel Cup race at the California Speedway, Dale Jr didn't make up that many points on the final spot in the race for the chase, he is still 118 points of the final spot. The next stop for both the Nextel Cup and Busch Series will be at the Richmond International Raceway next weekend. I have posted a photo of fellow blogger A.G. taken last week sitting at the head table at Kenny's retirement dinner. Also A.G. I saw they had you listed as A.C. in the box score from Saturdays game on the visiting teams website. I just hope everybody is ready for that 1st day of school tomorrow. Saturday was the worst day on the blog since I started tracking with just 24 visits. MICKEY

Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.
Johnny Carson

Actress Helen Wagner ("As the World Turns") is 89
"Beetle Bailey" cartoonist Mort Walker is 84
Country singer Hank Thompson is 82
Country singer Tompall Glaser is 74
Actress Pauline Collins is 67
Actress Valerie Perrine is 64
Actor Costas Mandylor is 42
Actor Charlie Sheen is 42
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Luis Gonzalez is 40
Singer Jennifer Paige is 34
Actor Nick Wechsler is 29

Vince Lombardi, Legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers NFL football team, the Super Bowl trophy is named for him died 37 years ago today, at the age of 57 from cancer. PHOTO INCLUDED

1 comment:

A.G. said...

yep, the Big East acutally screwed it up for the first 5 games. After my South Florida game at Florida Atltanic, it should be straight.

Heading to Louisville tonight for their game against Middle Tenn. state. I am bringing my track shoes, it should be interesting, LOL