Thursday, August 30, 2007

OUT OF STEP



For some reason for about the last week when I have been running I seemed to be out of step, I can't find my groove & my rhythm seems to be a little off. I hope it returns soon, when I run like this it makes me not want to run for a while. There are several college football games tonight with the biggest on being LSU at Mississippi State on ESPN and locally Delaware at William & Mary, there are about 10 other games as well. Also tonight several Central District football teams open up there season with Manchester at Thomas Dale with fellow blogger Keith keeping the clock, Matoaca will be at Henrico and L.C. Bird will be at Meadowbrook. I am going to try to ge up to the high school tonight and see the CH volleyball game against Patrick Henry and then come home and watch some college football. I am still trying to get over Lee as a model, Melanie I hope you get a picture of this historical event so I can post it on the blog. Don't forget to buy you lottery ticket for Friday nights Mega Million lottery drawing. I think I am going to head to the beach Saturday morning. MICKEY

Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still.
Patricia Russell

1682 - William Penn sailed from England. He later established the colony of Pennsylvania (which, as some of you may know, is now one of the United States) and now stands on top of City Hall in Philadelphia, PA. Not him, really, but a famous statue of him...
1905 - Ty Cobb appeared in his first major-league baseball game. He played for the Detroit Tigers.
1965 - After 40 years in baseball, Casey Stengel announced his retirement.
1972 - President Nixon announced that John Dean had completed his investigation into the Watergate wiretapping debacle. And he added that no one from the White House was involved. Well, good. That takes care of that...
1974 - The Brady Bunch, a typical 1970s scrubbed-face American family sitcom which first aired on TV Sept. 26, 1969, came to an end on this day.
1984 - President Ronald Reagan, along with Red Barber, Bill Stern, Graham McNamee, Don Dunphy and Ted Husing were inducted into the Sportscasters Hall of Fame, in ceremonies at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
1993 - Late Show with David Letterman debuted on CBS-TV. CBS remodeled the Ed Sullivan Theater (on 54th Street in New York City) for Letterman, who had just spent over a decade on NBC (Late Night with David Letterman). The first musical guest to appear on the new show was Billy Joel.

Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
Chronic pain persists for longer than six months. Besides pain medications, the American Academy of Family Physicians offers this list of additional treatment options:

* Physical therapy, including stretching and strengthening exercises.
* Low-impact exercise, including swimming, biking and walking.
* Occupational therapy to learn how to change daily activities to avoid making pain worse.
* Behavioral therapy, such as yoga and meditation, to increase relaxation and decrease stress.
* Lifestyle changes, including quitting smoking, getting plenty of sleep, eating a proper diet, and getting enough exercise.


Country singer Kitty Wells is 88
Actor Bill Daily is 80
Actress Elizabeth Ashley is 68
Actor Ben Jones is 66
Actress Peggy Lipton is 60
Comedian Lewis Black is 59
Basketball Hall of Famer Robert Parish is 54
Actor David Paymer is 53
Country singer Sherrie Austin is 36
Actress Cameron Diaz is 35
TV personality Lisa Ling is 34
Football player Shaun Alexander is 30
Tennis player Andy Roddick is 25

9 comments:

Al said...

so with your own health tip in mind are you going to do yoga with mom now to lower your api?

Claire said...

He will do yoga with me when Bobby does.

Bobby said...

Floor man finished the hardwoods today. Look like new to me.

Al said...

sitting in the middle of the living room on the new harwaood floors would be a great place for mickey to do his yoga!

Claire said...

It will be so nice I think I will invite everyone to yoga class. I love it

Claire said...

Cqn you breathe

Keith said...

Lee is a model. Did I miss something?

Claire said...

Check out the comments on nobody wins the lottery.

Bobby said...

Maureen asks me when Claire is going to break in the new kitchen. I told her she may be pleasantly surprised. Who knows!!!!!