Thursday, August 16, 2007

AIP ON THE RISE AGAIN




I don't know what I have done by my whole right side is very sore this morning with my right hip area hurting the most. My right thigh, hip, rib area and shoulder all hurting this morning. I have taken some Advil which I hope will bring the pain down a bit. It looks like both tropical systems that are out there Erin and Dean are going to miss our area which is good news for us but bad news for somebody else especially Dean which look like it is going to be a powerful hurricane. We sure could use the rain from a tropical system though. Today here in CH it is going to be in the upper 90's and may even top out at 100. Well the new appliances for the kitchen should be arriving today, so it shouldn't be long now before I can start cooking again. I have posted a picture of Vick's jury that fellow blogger Keith sent me, I think with that jury he might be in trouble. I did here from former blogger George yesterday & he said he has been extremely busy lately but would post a new photo of Lexi soon. MICKEY

Today is Thursday, Aug. 16, the 228th day of 2007. There are 137 days left in the year.

It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
W. Somerset Maugham

1896 - There’s gold in them thar hills! This is the day that Skookum Jim, Dawson Charlie and George Carmack found gold in Rabbit Creek, a tributary of the Klondike River -- leading to the famous Klondike Gold Rush.
1939 - Lights Out, radio’s “ultimate horror show,” was heard for the last time on NBC Radio. In 1942, Arch Obler brought the show back to life on CBS Radio. The show’s most familiar trademark, guaranteed to put you under the covers on a dark night was, “Lights out everybody!”, followed by 12 chimes of a clock.
1954 - Comedian Jack Paar replaced Walter Cronkite as host of The Morning Show on CBS-TV. Cronkite came back as host in October, 1955, when Paar didn’t pan out. Television found Paar’s forte three years later as the host of The Tonight Show.
1954 - The first issue of Sports Illustrated was published. No, it wasn’t the famous swimsuit edition, and you didn’t win a telephone, radio or sports books with your paid subscription.
1977 - Elvis Presley was rushed from Graceland to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Doctors’ efforts to revive him were fruitless and he was pronounced dead (coronary arrhythmia) at 3:30 p.m. He was 42 years old.

Actor Fess Parker is 83
Actress Ann Blyth is 79
Sportscaster Frank Gifford is 77
Actress Julie Newmar is 74
Actress Anita Gillette is 71
Country singer Billy Joe Shaver is 68
Actress Lesley Ann Warren is 61
TV personality Kathie Lee Gifford is 54
Actor Jeff Perry is 52
Singer Madonna is 49
Actress Angela Bassett is 49
Actress Laura Innes is 48
Actor Timothy Hutton is 47
Actor Steve Carell is 44
Singer Vanessa Carlton is 27

8 comments:

Claire said...

HAHA I think he is going to be in trouble

Bobby said...

{Plummer arrived at 7:30 this morning . Appliances scheduled to arrive around 9.

Les said...

Now I understand why Vick is working on a plea deal. With Snoopy as the forman, Vick is done.

Claire said...

HAHA the plummer is at the beach house also. I have a leak in the water pipe under the house.

Anonymous said...

joe cool looks very angry.

Melanie said...

I think Underdog is going to be his biggest problem!

I went and visited Mark, Mary and the girls last night at the new house. Anna really likes the fans in the bathrooms, because they take the stink away!

Claire said...

I'm glad the Carsley family is in their new house. It is almost time for me to come and get my furniture back from their old one

Bobby said...

Noon constuction update----Appliances did not arrive as scheduled. Hopefully will be here by 3. Plummer will probably not hook up icemaker and dihwasher until tomorrow at 7AM.Herbie is planning to finish everything but tile fooring and wood flooring tomorrow. If not too hot, construction on new room will begin late next week or easly the following week .I will be leaving for the beach today at 1PM. I miss my SWEETIE!!!!!!!