Sunday, August 26, 2007

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW



Well it won't be long now before schools starts back up, with the teachers reporting for duty tomorrow & the students returning next Tuesday. I think the Colonial Heights teachers might be the last ones to report after visiting several schools in the area where the teachers were already working. Since the old computer went down I haven't been able to post as many old pictures as I did before because they are all on the old computer, however I have found I few more on the revolvable hard drive mom put on the new computer. Today's photo from the pas is of Mom, Dad, Al & Keith and believe it or not I am not in the photo because I took it. Hopefully I will be able to post a few more old photos in the future. Carl Edwards won last night Nextel Cup race at Bristol holding of Kasey Kahne, for a Bristol race it was pretty ho hum. Well it looks like we might get some more rain this afternoon here in CH, there is a 60% chance of rain this afternoon, I guess I will run outside this morning. The Little League World Series will be held this afternoon with a team from Warner Robbins, Georgia playing at team from Japan in the LL World Series final. Last year a team from Columbus, Georgia won it all so Warner Robbins will try to make it two straight for the state of Georgia. Well I am going to cut my hair and go for a run. MICKEY

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
George Gordon

1842 - The U.S. Congress established the fiscal year, which begins on July 1st.
1873 - The first public school kindergarten in the U.S. was authorized by the school board of St. Louis, MO.
1939 - Red Barber announced the first televised baseball games -- on New York’s WXBS. The Brooklyn Dodgers and the Cincinnati Reds played a doubleheader for the occasion.
1947 - Don Bankhead became the first black pitcher in major-league baseball this day. The Brooklyn Dodger hurler helped his own cause by slamming a home run in his first appearance at the plate.
1961 - The NHL Hockey Hall of Fame opened in Toronto, Canada.

Author Ben J. Wattenberg is 74
Basketball Hall of Famer Tom Heinsohn is 73
Former Democratic vice-presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro is 72
Rhythm-and-blues singer Valerie Simpson is 61
Actor Brett Cullen is 51
Jazz musician Branford Marsalis is 47
Country musician Jimmy Olander (Diamond Rio) is 46
Actor Chris Burke is 42
TV writer-actress Riley Weston is 41
Actress Melissa McCarthy is 37
Football player Jamal Lewis is 28

7 comments:

Bobby said...

Believve it or not.....I don't believe it that you took the picture.

Anonymous said...

i like the helmets on the point spreads.

Al said...

i like the picture, i have hair!!! scott is that how you do your football pics bye who hasd the prettier helmets?

Claire said...

Who has the prettiest helmet is how I pick the team to win. That's not how you are suppose to do it

donna said...

I pick my teams by who has the best mascot. That's why I root for the Patriots.

Anonymous said...

i do it by who has the best fight song. i'll sing some of them for you one day.

Al said...

scott i can hardly wait!!!