Thursday, July 05, 2007

A PRETTY NICE 4TH



I have to say I had a pretty nice 4th yesterday. The weather was pretty warm but with the wind blowing so it wasn't to bad. I went over to fellow bloggers Al and Donna's house last night for a cookout and yes there was one lucky dog. It looks like we might get some much needed rain this afternoon here in CH, everybody who doesn't have a sprinkler system grass has turned pretty yellow. I did cut the grass (weeds) yesterday and now I have a bit of sore shoulder. I guess Scoot & family are packed and ready to go today, they are going to pick up Joy up after half day of work and head straight to to the OBX. I don't know how much work they are going to get out of her today. I have started to get ready as well, I will be heading down Saturday during the early AM hours. Well I am off to work. MICKEY

Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.
Henry David Thoreau

Actress Katherine Helmond is 73
Actress Shirley Knight is 71
Singer-musician Robbie Robertson is 64
Julie Nixon Eisenhower is 59
Rock star Huey Lewis is 57
Baseball pitcher Rich "Goose" Gossage is 56
Country musician Charles Ventre (River Road) is 55
Football Hall of Famer James Lofton is 51
Actress Edie Falco ("The Sopranos") is 44
Actress Kathryn Erbe is 42
Actor Dale Godboldo is 32

Ted Williams, Hall of Fame baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, known as the Splendid Splinter, he was the last man to hit .400 for a season
died 5 years ago today, at the age of 83 from cardiac arrest.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Scott and Joy I will have the air condition on for you.

Al said...

now thats service!!

let me clarify my lucky dog. i threw my luck dog over the backyard fence for a wild critter who didn't care if it was broke in two and had dirt on it, whereas somebody you know might have cleaned it off and put it on the tray for somebody to eat!!!

Bobby said...

Mickey told me to leave the key on the picnic table for Scoot' late arrival,but I am reluctant to do this since he will probably lose it.In reference to removing the splinter from ndrew's foot,YES.....I was very brave. Lucky dog should be washed and cleaned for human comsuption in order to receive the luck for the year benefits. These comments were written under duress and harassment from KEITH

Melanie said...

We had a Lucky dog at my house last night too - I take after Bobby - I washed it off and put it back on the grill. Don't know who got the Lucky Dog, but will have to wait and see who the has the best luck this year.

Melanie said...

Claire - I know you talked to Momma about Miss Kitty. I can watch her until Wednesday. I am going to Chicago with Bill to visit some friends (and yes I am going to the Cubs at Wrigley Field on Friday). Momma and Lee will take care of Miss Kitty after I leave.