Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I ALMOST CLOSED THE BLOG DOWN TODAY



Well I have to say I almost closed the blog down today due to the lack of interest. This sign is what what have appeared if I had done so but I decided not to. I just don't if it's worth it anymore, know one answers moms riddles and no one seems to comment on anything. The electrician told me yesterday that he should finish up what he has to do today and then the rest of the crew can move on to dome other things that need to be done, they had to wait for him to finish all the wiring. The Post 284 baseball team ended its regular season last night with a 6-4 win Powhatan, they will play Powhatan in the playoffs Thursday night at Shepherd Stadium. In some racing news it appears DEI has acquired Ginn Racing, DEI will become a 4 car operation the rest of the year with Mark Martin and Aric Almirola sharing the driving duties. We sure could use some more rain here in Colonial Heights, everything has started turning yellow and brown again. MICKEY

The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
Carl Jung

Daily Fun Fact
The average person spends 30 years mad at a family member.

1866 - Ulysses S. Grant was elevated to full (four-star) general of the U.S. Army, becoming the first American officer to reach that rank.
1871 - Seth Wheeler of Albany, NY patented perforated toilet paper.
1978 - The first test-tube baby was born -- in England. Louise, a daughter born to Lesley and Gilbert Brown, was the first baby conceived outside the mother’s body.
1987 - The Salt Lake City Trappers set a professional baseball record as the team won its 29th game in a row. The Class ‘A’ team beat Pocatello (Idaho) 13-3.

Actress Estelle Getty is 84
Actress Barbara Harris is 72
Football USC & NFL coach John Robinson is 72
Model-actress Iman is 52
Cartoonist Ray Billingsley ("Curtis") is 50
Actress-singer Bobbie Eakes is 46
Actress Illeana Douglas is 42
Country singer Marty Brown is 42
Actor Matt LeBlanc is 40
Actor D.B. Woodside is 38
Baseball player Billy Wagner is 36
Actor Brad Renfro is 25

15 comments:

Al said...

some days are just slow news day and others are not, it doesn't mean people aren't reading!

Claire said...

It is time to get off your duff and respond to the blog....otherwise i agree with Mick , close it down. Where is heine ball Mark, the georgia red neck Scott, Keith with Andrew"s sport's results, Les the politian, Al the agitator and Glenn who sometimes disappears from blog activity and the old Yorkshire comet Gary and others.. We need some responses even though most of the ime they mqke no sense

Al said...

if it wasn't for the blog i wouldn't know the fun facts behind seth wheeler!!

Melanie said...

I do my blog reading at work - and here lately we are really busy. The blog is the way I keep up with everything.

By the way Mick, Mom and I walked over to your house last night but no one was home but Miss Kitty. I think she was made we didn't go in and get her food.

Tammy said...

I hope you don't shut it down Mickey. I read it every day I just don't comment every day. It has just been crazy around here at work. I am still playing catch up from being off for three days for Brett's surgery. Hang in there it will get better!! Hey Mel!

Claire said...

I just want to make it clear someone used my name to comment. I won't mention any names but you know who it was.

mark said...

Since Google got a hold of the blogspot, I have been having trouble logging on.

Trapper said...

Micky,.. Iread your blogggg every day amd it is the only way we keep up with the family now sense I live so far away! Please do't close the blog dowm!! I look forward to reading and looking at the different pictures...
PS Keith usely beats me too the punch on the riddles....LOL

Bobby said...

Living in downtown Sutherland is like living in Idaho

Bobby said...

OK...Where's Keith Scott,gary,and Les?Let's gets with the program.

Al said...

gary can't figure out how to get on, scotts asleep,keith might be out of town i don't know and i don't know where les would be!

Keith said...

Like Mel, I read the blog a work. But, they have recently blocked access to Mickey's place.

Now I have to read at home and Andrew seems to be on the computuer all the time. But that will change. We are getting a new computer in AUG

CCLL All-stars were eliminated last night by Huguenot Nat'ls 8-7. Andrew played a great game. He snagged a line drive off the bat of their leadoff hitter and later caught a fly down the line that saved at least 2 runs but proablly 4 (bases were loaded). At the plate he was 0-1, he had a walk and fly out to RF.

Monday they beat Mechanicsville Americans 8-5. He had a walk and reach the base w/ a FC.

Bobby said...

I am not saying what we had for dinner but Claire should have good luck for the next year justlike Julianne

Anonymous said...

i read it, sometimes i miss a day and catch back up. i have been working incredibally long hours since vacation. 13-14 hours a day.

Bobby said...

Clairee ..get me my violin....Scott doeesn't know what long hours and hrd work is all about until he retires. I'm worn out.