Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY





I hope everybody has a safe and happy 4th. It looks like the weather here in Colonial Heights will start to heat up a bit this afternoon after couple of very nice days. I don't think I am going to make it down to this years fireworks show here in CH, I am sure that our bloggers at the beach will go to the Kill Devil Hills show though. I did go see the CH legion baseball game last night in which CH Post 284 defeated Post 144 11-3, it wasn't much of a game CH lead all the way. My heater issues have been resolved thanks to the kindness of fellow blogger Les, it is now plenty warm in the shed again, the way I like it. I understand the Georgia contingent will be arriving on the OBX late Thursday night, from what I understand they are ready to go. I did make a special trip down to Wal-Mart this morning for a few items and no they didn't have any donuts, they might as well use that space for something else because they sure are aren't using for the donuts. MICKEY

A man who builds his own pedestal had better use strong cement.
Anna Quindlen

FITNESS TIP

Walk it off
Who needs special training or fancy gear to tone up your body and perk up your frame of mind? All it takes is your own two feet. Research shows that just 20 minutes a day of brisk walking will lower your risk of serious diseases -- that's just four five-minute walks a day! A half-hour a day is even healthier. Walk 45 minutes a day, and watch your waistline shrink.

Actress Gloria Stuart is 97
Advice columnist Pauline Phillips (the original "Dear Abby") is 89
Actress Eva Marie Saint is 83
Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is 78
Baseball team owner George Steinbrenner is 77
Country singer Ray Pillow is 70
Former Notre Dame basketball coach Digger Phelps is 66
Broadcast journalist Geraldo Rivera is 64
Singer John Waite is 52
Country musician Teddy Carr is 47
Tennis Hall of Famer Pam Shriver is 45
Actress Jenica Bergere is 33

9 comments:

Keith said...

Mom wants to know - What are you going to do about the cat?

Bobby said...

Keith went down to Kwik Kopy with Claire's riddle book. Forget about solving future riddles

Bobby said...

I hope scott is here by 9:30PM my bedtime ;otherwise as Tom Burdette says "we'll leave the light on for you.That goes for any other late arrivals during the the big event red neck vacation week.Also , there will be no big butt productions of the big event red neck vacation since i left my video camera at home.

Mickey said...

I am feeding the cat, thats about all I can do. The cat does not want to come in the house.

Al said...

tell me where the camera is and i'll bring it to the beach! and your going to have to leave the light on saturday night too! hope we don't wake the dogs and mickey but i'm afriad we might!

Claire said...

Mickey will you take the key to Auntie so she can feed the cat. The key in on the dollar key ring.

Claire said...

The camera is in the little room off of the den. It is in a red back pack case. I need it at the beach

Mickey said...

I am bringing the camera.

Al said...

scott don't worry if you get there after 9. dad will be asleep in the chair bye them but its not official until he gets in bed at 11:30 or 12