Thursday, September 18, 2008

10,000 MILES ON TRUCK



I can hardly believe it but I know have 10,000 miles on my victory red Chevy truck. It took just over three years to get there but I think that that is the fastest I have ever gotten to this accomplishment, I think my truck my need a few days off after reaching this feat. Also here in Colonial Heights Sheetz now has gas for the first time since Saturday morning however they are only using half of there pumps, I guess they are trying to stretch the gas they have out a bit. I went up to to see the Colonials JV football game last night and I have to say it wasn't a very good night for the Colonials. I woke up last night at 3am with a terrible sinus headache, I cut the grass yesterday afternoon which lead to this problem and yes my PAIN index has gone up from this. For all of you who are playing the college football pick em contests I will be sending out who everybody picked later today, I am still waiting for 1 entry which I hope to get sometime today. MICKEY

I'm trying to read a book on how to relax, but I keep falling asleep.
Jim Loy

The top five highest paying U.S. jobs not requiring a college degree:
1. Railroad conductors
2. Flight attendants
3. Railroad operators
4. Real estate agents
5. Pile driver operators

Your attitude affects how you feel physically and mentally and affects how successful you are in achieving your goals.

Calories and pounds. It takes about twenty walking steps to burn one calorie. To burn one pound, you need to burn 3,500 more calories than your body consumes over a given period.

RUNNING TIP
Make sure your shoes are tied. This sounds like common sense, but I'm surprised at how many runners I see with dangling shoelaces. Most shoelaces on running shoes are extra long, so be safe and double-knot them.

Robert Blake Actor ("Baretta") 75
Jimmie Rodgers Singer 75
James Frederick Rodgers (born September 181933Camas, Washington) is an American singer, sometimes classified as a rock and roll singer, but with a style more typical of folk rock or traditional pop music. He is not related to the legendary country singer of the same name. His name is often incorrectly spelled Jimmy or Rogers.
Fred Willard Actor 69
Frankie Avalon Singer 68
Kerry Livgren Rock musician (Kansas) 59
Anna Deavere Smith Actress 58
Rick Pitino College basketball coach 56
Ryne Sandberg Baseball Hall of Famer 49
James Gandolfini Actor ("The Sopranos") 47
Joanne Catherall Singer (Human League) 46
Holly Robinson Peete Actress 44
Ricky Bell R&B singer (Bell Biv Devoe; New Edition) 41
Aisha Tyler ("Ghost Whisperer")Actress 38
Jada Pinkett Smith Actress 37
James Marsden Actor 35
Alison Lohman Actress 29
Brandon Porter Actor ("Party of Five") 15
Taylor Porter Actor ("Party of Five") 15
C.J. Sanders Actor ("Ray") 12

1915 - The first asphalt covered automobile race track was opened in Cranston, RI.

1956 - Mickey Mantle hit his 50th home run.

1962 - Charlie Finley was denied permission to move the Athletics to Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX.

1965 - Mickey Mantle played in his 2,000th game.

1972 - Art Williams became the first black umpire in National League history.

1993 - The Anaheim Mighty Ducks played the Pittsburg Penguins in their first NHL pre-season game.

1997 - Seve Ballesteros and Nick Faldo were elected to World Golf Hall of Fame.

13 comments:

Al said...

SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL that used beat up truck!!!!!

to me!

Claire said...

I know Mickey misses the Lincoln

Al said...

what jimmie rodgers are we talking about here? the singing brakeman jimmie rodgers is dead and would be a lot older than 75!

Al said...

fromm www.jimmierodgers.com .jimmie rodgers born 9-8-1897 meridan ms! i hate to think the blogmaster got it wrong! please tell me there is another jimmie rodgers!

Mickey said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmie_Rodgers_(pop_singer)

Bobby said...

He sung Butterfly in the eaarly60's or late 50's

Al said...

what songs does wilipidia say he sang and i'll tell you if we are talking about the yodelling jimmie rodgers. my imformation came right off www.jimmierodgers.com

Bobby said...

Honeeycomb not butterfly was one of his song. he was popular the same time as Buddy Knox and buddy Holly

Bobby said...

I think we should give the blogmaster more credit in providing accurate information to his reading public.Does anyone know what the original Jimmy Rodgers died from.

Al said...

tb!

Bobby said...

Betteer known as consumpion in that day

Al said...

still don't know the other jimmie rodgers

Bobby said...

One thing for sure ,it is not the yodelings jimmy Rodgers' birthday