Friday, December 26, 2008

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS



Well I hope everybody had a good Christmas and didn't eat to much. I am off today and I am pretty glad that I am because I am very tired this morning. Since Christmas Eve I have been on the move and I just need a few days to recover. I got a new suit for Christmas, the question is will I get 25 years out of my new suit like it did my old one. I think every family picture that we have since 1980 I have the same suit on. Dad got an interesting book for Christmas, The True Story of The Three Little Pigs told by Alexander T. Wolf. It gives you the other side of the story about what really happened. I have also posted a photo of fellow bloggers Lee & Melanie taken last night at there house. I will be posting the rest of the photos from yesterday later today on my photo pages. The Richmond Renegades beat the Huntsville Havoc last night 5-2 at the Coliseum, the Gades will be on the road in Knoxville tonight before returning home to play Huntsville again on Saturday night. MICKEY

Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory. -- Arthur Ashe

TODAY IS National Whiners Day

"Eat your fruits and vegetables." Healthy diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.

Schedule Worry Time.
Stressors that are not urgent often can be dealt with at a later time, when it's more convenient. File them away in a little mental compartment, or make a note, then deal with them when the time is right. Don't let them control you.

Eliminate distractions
In this era of immediacy, it’s easy to get side-tracked by a million little things that sap our motivation. If you really need to get something done, turn your phone off. Stop answering emails. Make yourself unavailable. If you’re at work, close your door or put headphones on to make it harder for someone to interrupt you.


Donald Moffat Actor 78
Abdul "Duke" Fakir R&B singer (The Four Tops) 73
Caroll Spinney Actor (Big Bird on "Sesame Street") 75
Phil Spector Record producer 68
John Walsh TV host ("America's Most Wanted") 63
Bob Carpenter Country musician (The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) 62
Carlton Fisk Baseball Hall of Famer 61
Ozzie Smith Baseball Hall of Famer 54
Evan Bayh U.S. senator, D-Ind. 53
David Sedaris Humorist 52
James Kottak Rock musician (The Scorpions) 46
Brian Westrum Country musician (Sons of the Desert) 46
Lars Ulrich Rock musician (Metallica) 45
Nadia Dajani Actress 43
Audrey Wiggins Country singer 41
Jared Leto Actor 37
Ryan Shaw R&B singer 28
Zach Mills Actor ("Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium") 13

3 comments:

Lee said...

what is the true story bobby?

Bobby said...

Come over and I will read you the true verison

Lee said...

if i didnt have work today all day i would. so much for bankers hours