Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A PRETTY NICE 4TH




Well I have to say I had a pretty nice 4th yesterday for the most part except it being very hot. I went to eat last night at Aunti's house where fellow blogger Mark was in charge of the grill. Scott and family made it to town around 2:30 yesterday and by the looks of the amount of stuff they bought with them I don't know if they left anything in Georgia or not. There for a while last night in CH it didn't look like they were going to be able to shoot the fireworks because some t-storms in the area but we missed most of the sever ones. Mother nature did put on it's own fireworks show there for a while with some pretty good lightning which most was off in the distance. The photos that I have posted are from the fireworks at the beach that mom took, they were shot off the Avalon Pier. I think we are all going to see Andrew's swim meet tonight and then out eat somewhere after the meet, that is weather permitting though because they are calling for rain on and off today. The wedding countdown is now at three days. MICKEY

One of the beautiful things about baseball is the history.
Jim Abbott

In 1865, William Booth founded the Salvation Army in London.

Rock star Huey Lewis is 56
Baseball pitcher Rich "Goose" Gossage is 55
Tennis player Amelie Mauresmo is 27

17 comments:

Al said...

glad scott and family are up here but i don't like that he's taking a stoopid factz vacation!!! 3 days to go and i'm not nervous, but don't ask me if i'm nervous saturday am!

donna said...

The butterflies started yesterday, but I can handle it! :)

bobby said...

The fireworks this year Claire took pictures of were shot off the nags head pier. It is sure nice watching fire works over the ocean as background compared to watching them at Southpark over Temple Ave.

Claire said...

I'm nervous and all I have to worry about is what I'm going to do with my hair. Do you think the swin meet could be moved to Saturday because of the weather?

If you look close at the fireworks you can see the refection on the water

Al said...

i think the ones at southpark light up the golden coral beautifully!! simply breath taking!! oooooooooo aaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Melanie said...

The Carsley/Olds family can't wait for the wedding!! got a new dress just for the occasion.

Only butterflies Donna? You are doing good!!!!!

Al said...

donna we've caused a lot of people to get new clothes!!! now i'm wondering if everone is going to take a bath too!!!

maryl said...

I am not sure I can get through the rest of the week without Stoopid Factz. I guess I need to focus on the upcoming family social event of the season!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone this week-end!

Al said...

they'll all be dressed up and bathed too!!

Melanie said...

mick - thanks for the new wallpaper on our computer - nice to see andrew and keith all the time.

Keith said...

Must be a good looking wallpaper,MEL.

Melanie said...

it looks ok i guess but we had to change it cuz our computer broke...just kidding

Melanie said...

That message was from Lee - under my screen name.

donna said...

I only got one new dress and I will be wearing it Saturday. Friday night will be old, so everyone act like you've never seen it before!

Al said...

they wouldn't have know it wasn't new if you didn't tell them!!!

Keith said...

I'm wearing bermuda shorts, golf shirt, and a Panama Straw Hat.

Al said...

keith as long as its new and you take a bath its ok with me!!