Friday, July 21, 2006

IT'S BEEN A LONG WEEK


I am glad it is friday, it feels like this week has been the longest one of the year to me. I guess after coming off vacation last week and ear acting up a bit this week, also I think I might have a summer cold. The Nextel Cup Series is at Pocono this weekend and DW makes his return to racing this weekend at Martinsville driving his brothers Busch car, the DREAM MACHINE. They are calling for some more t-storms this afternoon in CH, hopefully they won't be as strong as the storms we had wed night. I have posted a photo of what Lexi thinks about her dad's action on the go kart track. MICKEY

Don't rule out working with your hands. It does not preclude using your head.
Andy Rooney

On July 21, 1861, the first Battle of Bull Run was fought at Manassas, Va., resulting in a Confederate victory.

Former Attorney General Janet Reno is 68
Comedian-actor Robin Williams is 55
Comedian Jon Lovitz is 49
Country singer Paul Brandt is 34
Actress Ali Landry is 33

1967 - Jimmy Foxx, baseball hall of famer (Det Tigers/534 HRs), dies at 59

13 comments:

Al said...

i certianly hope the commision stands behind their decision. i'd hate to see george spin his own daughter on the go kart track!!! he needs to be stopped

Claire said...

I think George will have to believe what Lexi says. Were these her first words.

maryl said...

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE BOOK IS COMING OUT!

bobby said...

I can tell Lexi is going to have a mind if her own.

George said...

My daughter and i need to speak about this. I do not want her posting on this blog without my prior knowledge of what will be said. She will be grounded when she knows what that even is.

bobby said...

The posting of the Commissioner of go carting on July18 has drawn a large reponse. If you would like to weigh in on this issue please refer to this posting. I am sure Mr Know -it -all can relate since the ramifications are similar to the infamous heine-ball incident.

donna said...

George, any further reference to M&M's will be considered "cruel and insensitive"! I'm not sure yet, but future students may notice a change in my classroom decor.... #11, FedEx seems a safe bet for now. Still not ruling out the Hershey's-sponsored Busch car of Kevin Harvick. When I'm feeling better, I'll do more research.

Keith said...

I heard that Elliot Salder was bring his sponsor with him??? But, maybe just a rumor

donna said...

I wish!!!!! It was confirmed yesterday that M&M's will not follow Elliott! Now, maybe Ward Burton will slip into that car, but I don't know. Diane will tell me as soon as it's news!

Melanie said...

George - this is a good time to teach Lexi about mistakes adults make and the consequences

donna said...

Speaking of brain injuries, maybe they could sign Steve Parks up, too!

George said...

Elliotts career is OVER!! In fact I am not sure it ever started. Maybe Yates will put the Hermie in the car. He is the better Sadler. Thats like saying who the better Sauter is. NOt much to pick from. Time to get on the Budweiser Bandwagon before the Clydesdales take off. tell em Al!!!

Al said...

go jr. thats all i'm going to say other than i'm smarter than you george i choose my fights very wisely!! a new blogger sent a email to donna saying something about putting you under the clydesdales!!! watch your back george