Thursday, July 13, 2006

AN EVENTFUL DAY AT THE BEACH





I will have to say that wednesday was very eventful day at the beach. In the morning a large portion of our group went over to see the Bodie Island Lighthouse, it was the first time that the Georgia contingent had seen the lighthouse. After visiting the lighthouse they headed by to Kill Devil Hills to go out on the beach. While they were visiting the lighthouse Keith arrived on the OBX. Well I have say our entire group(12 of us) headed over to the beach, me included I think I have been on the beach more this year than the last two combined. I think we stayed on the beach for about three hours or so and a few people picked up a few injuries. Dusty and Scottie are probably a bit sore as the showed everybody on the beach the wrong way to use a skimboard and I have say that it wasn't to pretty. Dad picked up a sore knee when Dusty lost control of his skimboard and it crashed into dad's knee, besides that it was a pretty good day on the beach. After going to the beach it was time for supper and that means it was time to see if anybody got a lucky dog, were not sure who got but as you can see by the photo there were several candidacy for it. After supper we decided that we would go over to Jockey's Ridge and climb the sandune and I don't I have ever seen so many people there and we even ran into some people from CH there. Well after climbing the dune and seeing a pretty nice sunset it was time to head back to the car. Well on the way back to the car several members of the group decide that they want to have a race sown the sandune, a couple of them this morning are probably thinking that wasn't to good of an idea. Scott and Dusty crashed pretty hard at the bottom of the dune, although we don't have any photos of that we do have couple of photos that Al took of the races. In all it was good day on the OBX. I also understand that Lee made his Appomattox League pitching debut last night, from what I heard CH split a pair with Manchester. Well I going to check on the wounded next door. MICKEY

Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore

Ten years ago: After battering the Carolina coast, the weakened remnants of Hurricane Bertha moved north, spawning tornadoes and dumping rain from Maryland to Massachusetts.

Actor Harrison Ford is 64
Singer Louise Mandrell is 52
Bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent is 44

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Well you guys missed Lee's pitching debut(at least since he was about nine or ten years old). The first game was not pretty I think we went through 3 pitchers and at the top of the fith the score was 12-7 Manchester. Lee came in with two outs in the top of the fifth, threw one pitch (some kind of junk ball) - the guy popped up a foul ball and Michael Cooper got the out. Lee now has the best ERA of the team. He also played 2nd and short, no errors - 2 hits, 1 walk and an infield pop up.

Melanie said...

I want to know who won the race?

Al said...

i won the slick track

Al said...

oh you meant the dunes race! scotty won it!

donna said...

Way to go, Lee! Looking forward to seeing you play before the summer's over! The most exercise I got yesterday was running out of the way of the dune racers! It was quite a sight!

Claire said...

I made the dune walk again this year. I think it's getting higher or maybe I'm getting older. We did have to dodge the kites and dune runners this year

Tammy said...

Lee that was an awesome pitch ... I was looking forward to you pitching the next game. Brett wanted to pitch but the Sr. Legion Coach told Brian he could have him play so long as he didn't pitch.. Sr. Legion has 7 games in 4 days...we may need you to up there Lee!!

Melanie said...

Al you can't win all the time! Donna is your biggest win yet, and me personally think your are her biggest win.

Wish you could have taken a picture of Lee throwing the pitch.

donna said...

I agree with you 100%, Melanie! I don't even need to ever compete again! I'm totally satisfied with this win! :)

Al said...

i agree too!!!!!!!!!

bobby said...

A cutter. I've never had a pitcher who threw a cuttter. Maybe another Marianna Rivera.