Wednesday, July 26, 2006

CH SWEEPS DINWIDDIE IN APPOMATTOX ACTION


Well the CH team make it complete sweep on Dinwiddie last night winning two more games, in the last two days we are now 4-0 against the two Dinwiddie teams. With coach Holt unavailable do to a previous engagement I coached the team last night, the 1st game was no problem 10-0 victory but the 2nd game was more challenging as we fell behind 5-1 before coming back for to pick up an 11-7 victory. We will be playing at Matoaca tonight. The playoffs start monday night and they are single elimination. I understand that Joy is visiting New York City for business for a few days, the people who visit this blog are traveling all over the place. I have posted an old photo of Bernard being Bernard, it looks like the photo was taken on Christmas Eve many years ago. I think somebody is having a birthday soon. MICKEY

Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future.
Niels Bohr

Today's Ponderable
Kind acts never die,
and what is kind in yourself
was waiting for you.

In 1775 Benjamin Franklin became postmaster-general.
In 1788 New York became the 11th state to ratify the Constitution.

Singer Dobie Gray is 66
Rock star Mick Jagger is 63
Actor Kevin Spacey is 47
Actress Sandra Bullock is 42
Actress Kate Beckinsale is 33
Gospel/Contemporary Christian singer Rebecca St. James is 29

1992 Mary Wells, U.S. soul singer (My Guy), dies at 49
1987 Joe Liggins, U.S. composer (I've a Right to Cry), dies at 71

9 comments:

Claire said...

I don't think we have a normal picture of Bernard. He was crazy

Al said...

i can't rememer taking any of benard when he wasn't goofying off! i think i did get one where he was goofing off but it didn't look like it!

bobby said...

This picture was taken just before he had Mark

donna said...

New York City??? That's my dream destination!!!! I'm going to VA Beach tomorrow, does that count for big time traveling??

maryl said...

What fun to see Bernard at his best!

Claire said...

Donna you will have to keep going and come to the beach. Save your money and maybe we can go to New York with Mr Pleasant. I always wanted to go but didn't hae a partner. Last year Cindy James told me I could stay with her and her sister but I needed one more person.

Al said...

i miss him too!!

bobby said...

I guess Mickey need to call on Lee and the cutter for last nights wins

donna said...

That's a great idea, Claire! I know we'd have fun in NYC! I'll have to check with my husband on that!
We're meeting Jacob and his mom at VA Beach. I don't think "Sea Goulder's Dream" is quite ready for all that just yet! :)