Thursday, January 15, 2009

NORTH CAROLINA AT VIRGINIA TONIGHT, VERY COLD AIR ARRIVES TONIGHT



It was misreported that UNC at UVA game was last night, the game is actually tonight at 9pm at the JPJ Arena and fellow blogger Keith will be in attendance. The VCU Rams continued there winning ways last night knocking off the Towson Tigers 76-71, the Rams will face there arch rival Old Dominion at home on Saturday. The Colonial Heights Colonials boys basketball team lost at Petersburg last night 79-43. The CH girls basketball team will be at Matoaca tonight. The very cold air will start filtrerng into the area later this afternoon, tonight it is suppose to get down to 11 degrees and Fridays highs are suppose to be only the upper 20's. Friday nights low is suppose to be 7 degrees, it's going to be very cold when I go down to the Wal-Mart. I don't think I am going to cut my hair until it starts to warm up a bit. MICKEY

For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.
Harry F. Banks


DID YOU KNOW
Before 1850 golf balls were made of leather and stuffed with feathers.

TODAY IS
Get To Know Your Customers Day
Humanitarian Day
Women in Blue Jeans Day
Hat Day


Sugar Busters. The Sugar Busters diet is a form of low-carbohydrate diet based upon restriction of sugar intake. Sugar consumption leads to insulin release, which some experts believe leads to weight gain. The diet replaces sugar and complex carbohydrates such as pasta, white bread, and white rice with whole-wheat breads and pasta.

Don't stay sitting. If you're sitting at a desk all day, you're bound to feel bored and sluggish, especially toward the end of the day. To stay alert, try moving around every hour, even if it's just a trip to get a glass of water or look out the window.

Exercise your brain
Research shows working out your brain can make you sharper and could also reduce the risk of developing dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. Start a little Sudoku or a crossword puzzle after dinner or during your lunch break - you can always finish it later.

Margaret O'Brien Actress 72
Captain Beefheart Singer 68
Andrea Martin Actress 62
Mario Van Peebles Actor, director 52
James Nesbitt Actor 44
Lisa Lisa Singer (Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam) 42
Chad Lowe Actor 41
Regina King Actress 38
Mary Pierce Tennis player 34
Eddie Cahill Actor ("CSI: NY") 31
Matt Holliday MLB player 29

11 comments:

Al said...

how come on your colonials opening day counter you didn't use a picture of sheppard stadium? i know you've got some!!

Lee said...

classes may be cancelled here friday due to the cold temperatures and no heat in one of the buildings.

Bobby said...

They probably will cancel classes at VCU today since it is hat day.Back when I was in ccllege they did not have any heat in the buildings and we had to walk to class 3 miles in the snow.

Bobby said...

I hope the blogmaster will get his information straight before posting it on the blog. I looked for hours for the UVA game last evening missing Law and Order in the process.With this misinformation , is Mickey's Place truly your place of knowledge?

Keith said...

You should've referred to the comment I made yesterday "this bloger will be in attendance tomorrow".

Classes canceled for cold temps, come on? If I was paying for that type of education, I would demand a rebate.

Like dad, when I was in college they did not have any heat in the buildings and we had to walk to class 6 miles (the campus had expanded at the "center of the universe" since dad graduated) in the snow.

Les said...

I don't know about the knowledge at the blog, but the bull is good.

Keith said...

LOL! Lee. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Melanie said...

Here is my thought - I have to go to work - you have to go to school. You need to get used to the real world!

Lee said...

I'm not arguing with the decision b/c it just means I can sleep in. I only have one class on Fridays anyways so I wouldn't miss it much. I'd rather be out for cold weather than the inauguration any day!

Bobby said...

I think Keith is confusing Les with Lee. Stop and think keith , the statement by Les makes sense

Keith said...

I stand corrected