Friday, January 02, 2009

I LIKE THESE SHORT WORK WEEKS




I think I am getting use to these short work weeks, I think I now know what working for the government would feel like. Well I guess I better wake up because I don't have another day off until Memorial Day. The East Carolina Pirates will face the Kentucky Wildcats today in Liberty Bowl in Memphis, GO PIRATES. In case you missed it last night Virginia Tech beat Cincinnati 20-7, no I didn't stay to see the end of the game, I went to bed at the half. The Richmond Renegades will try to pick up another win tonight against Fayetteville on the road, the Gades will be back at home Saturday night against Knoxville. My PAIN index is up this morning because I think I may have pulled a muscle in the top of my right thigh, I don't know how I did but it's a little sore but it doesn't bother while I am running, it just bothers me when I get up and down. MICKEY

Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives.
-- Maurice Chevalier

The top five most popular movie series titles of all time:
1. Star Wars
2. James Bond
3. Harry Potter
4. The Lord of the Rings
5. Batman


What goes around comes around - what you sow‚ so shall you reap.

Say Cheese. Smiling is a two-way mechanism. We do it when we're relaxed and happy, but doing it can also make us feel relaxed and happy. Smiling sends impulses from the face to the limbic system, producing calm. So go ahead and grin. Don't you feel better already?

Consider adding a exercise ball to your workouts. Doing your regular exercises on the ball causes your entire core muscles to work as they are called into play keeping you from falling off the ball.

Sleep, sleep and sleep
Rest is great for you -- sick or not. When you're fatigued, your body's much more susceptible to illness, simply because your immune system isn't up for the fight when a bug tries to invade. And if you or your child is feeling super fatigued, it may be a sign that you actually are already sick and the body's already working hard to fend it off. So help yourself out during cold season by making sure you're getting enough shut eye.

Harold Bradley Country musician 83
Jim Bakker Former TV evangelist 69
Dennis Hastert Former House speaker 67
Jack Hanna TV host 62
Wendy Phillips Actress 57
Gabrielle Carteris Actress 48
Todd Haynes Director 48
Tia Carrere Actress 42
Cuba Gooding Jr. Actor 41
Christy Turlington Model 40
Scott Underwood Rock musician (Train) 38
Taye Diggs Actor 38
Paz Vega Actress 33
Chris Hartman Country musician 31
Kate Bosworth Actress 26

3 comments:

Lee said...

Batman is #1 not #5

Al said...

i think you might be right college boy. leigh did you happen to read my last post under jacobs new years day picture?

Lee said...

yes i did. i didnt bother to look at the time. Donna could have posted it. Speaking of Donna, why hasn't she been on the blog lately?