Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR



Well I have to say that I did not stay up to see New Year come in last night, I called it a night at about 10:30pm and I didn't wake up until about 3am so I missed all the excitement. Well the Richmond Renegades fell behind 2-0 in the first 2 minutes of the game only to rally and tie the game with 3 minutes left in the 3rd period and win 4-3 51 seconds into OT against Fayetteville. The Gades will face Fayetteville again Friday night before returning back home Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Well I thought I was catching a cold last night before I went to bed, my head was all stopped up and my throat was a little sore but this morning I don't feel that bad at all. I am going to update the standings in the Mickey's Place college football pick em contest later this morning so check back later. I added a photo slide show to post below, if you haven't checked it out you might want to do so. It is very cold this morning here in CH so my PAIN index might be on the rise by tomorrow. MICKEY

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

DID YOU KNOW
Because of Animal Crackers, many kids until they reach the age of ten, believe a bear is as tall as a giraffe.

The top five most popular New Year's Resolutions:
1. Spend more time with family and friends
2. Exercise more frequently
3. Lose weight
4. Quit smoking
5. Enjoy life more


The new year is set before us like an unwritten volume—all its pages blank. Let us write upon each day's page things that at the end of the year we will look upon with rejoicing rather than regret.

When around sick people, don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
OK, I know that sounds controlling, but the facts are plain. The CDC reports: "Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs can live for a long time (some can live for 2 hours or more) on surfaces like doorknobs, desks, and tables." obviously, wash your hands after being around sick folks, but until you can hit that sink, keep your hands away from those areas where germs love to procreate.

J.D. Salinger Author ("The Catcher in the Rye") 90
Ernest Hollings Former U.S. senator, D-S.C. 87
Frank Langella ("Frost/Nixon")Actor 71
Don Novello Comedian 66
Rick Hurst Actor 63
Steve Ripley Country singer (The Tractors) 59
Robert Menendez U.S. senator, D-N.J. 55
Ren Woods Actress 51
Dedee Pfeiffer Actress 45
Embeth Davidtz Actress 43
Brian Flynn Country singer (Flynnville Train) 43
Morris Chestnut Actor 40
Verne Troyer Actor ("Austin Powers" movies) 40

3 comments:

Al said...

no young good looking girls born on new years?

Bobby said...

The Carsly gene must hve kicked in at 10:30 PM on Mickey's New Year's celebration.Happy ew Yer from the Outer Banks.How about keith and Al ?Did the Carsley or Goulder gene determine their New Yer's celebration?

Al said...

who do you think took jacobs picture?