Tuesday, September 12, 2006

SOFTBALL TEAM IMPROVES TO 4-0


The Appomattox Financial softball team is now 4-0 after picking up two more victories at Lakeview last night over the Elite Fence Company 14-2 and 24-12. We are starting to hit the ball very well as a team but I am in a terrible slump. I did pitch a little bit in the 2nd game last night but that didn't go to well, I think I gave up 10 of the 12 runs the visitors got. Maybe the game has just passed me by and I should just retire, I think this might be the worst batting slump that I have ever been in all my years of playing softball. The Washington Redskins missed a late field goal last night and fell to the Vikings 19-16, the Redskin offense continued to struggle a bit only scoring one TD. In the last game Monday night the Chargers beat the Raiders 27-0. The weather here in CH has turned a bit cool this week and it's starting feel like fall is just around the corner. I have posted an old photo of Al in his football uniform from many years ago and by the colors of the uniform it looks like he is a Green Bay Packer fan. MICKEY

To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit.
Robert J. Furey

1609, English explorer Henry Hudson sailed into the river that now bears his name.
1914, during World War I, the First Battle of the Marne ended in an Allied victory against Germany.

Actress Irene Dailey is 86
Actor Dickie Moore ("Our Gang") is 81
Country singer George Jones is 75
Actress Linda Gray is 66
Actress Rachel Ward is 49
Actress Amy Yasbeck is 44
Country singer Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland) is 32
Singer Ruben Studdard ("American Idol") is 28
Basketball player Yao Ming is 26
Singer Jennifer Hudson ("American Idol") is 25
Actress Emmy Rossum is 20

18 comments:

Melanie said...

al you had the whole look going on-looks like this was in the back yard on Gould Ave.

Al said...

it was the backyard at bradshear avenue! it probably was a packer uniform. in the late 60's when they were winning superbowls so i'm sure i was like andrew and hat hopped right over to the pack. plus me and keith had a little movie projector and one of the only movies we had was the packers playing somebody in the mud!! i'm sure at my age i thought that was way cool!!

Al said...

oh yea, i can't tell for sure but it looks like i'm wearing my chuck taylors!!

Claire said...

I think it is a good thing that Donna can't seen this picture at school.

Claire said...

Check out this school site and see if you know anyone in the pictures you know. I hope it works

http://www.colonialhts.net/events.cfm?SecID=T&EventID=821&Action=Det

Keith said...

I think you're wearing PF Flyers, which means you can jump over jet air planes.

Keith said...

It looks like Mark has decided to go back for some more schooling.

Al said...

thats right they are pf flyers!! to bad we never had an airplane to jump over!!!!

Claire said...

Did you see Mary taking the picture of Emma

Claire said...

Mark did you see your picture on the internet

Keith said...

Mickey, I agree with Scott suggestion on the slump.

maryl said...

I like the shoes!!!!!! Hope everyone is good! Water is very angry today but beautiful!

Melanie said...

That's right bradshear ave. you were so cute - even then!!!!

Love the picture of Mary taking a picture - looks like Anna is with Mark.

Al said...

what do you mean i was so cute?

still am!!!!!

Melanie said...

i said even then!

donna said...

I've been waiting all day to see that! What a cutie pie.....then and now! I can't get the blog at school, Lee!

Keith said...

Oh, he has a helmet (leather). It folded up in his back pocket just like a wallet.

Al said...

back in the day you didn't wear a helmet to play football or ride a bike!!! i'm old school!!