Thursday, September 07, 2006

IT'S LOOKING GOOD FOR SOFTBALL TONIGHT

Well it looks like the much awaited season opener for our fall softball team will take place tonight at 6:30pm at Lakeview on field #2 against Van Dyke Landscaping, the weather is looking good and our team Appomattox Financial is read to play. The NFL kicks of it's season tonight when the Miami Dolphins visit the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steelers will be without there starting QB but I think they will still win this one. I did go see the CH JV football game last night and it was a long night for the Colonials as they fell to Brunswick 26-0. The Reds lost again yesterday and with the loss they are 4.5 out of the NL Wildcard, there chances of making the playoffs are slim now. Did any of you fellow bloggers go see Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth at the Home Depot Tuesday night here in CH, I didn't even no they were there until somebody told me about it. MICKEY

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
John F. Kennedy

1927, American television pioneer Philo T. Farnsworth, 21, succeeded in transmitting the image of a line through purely electronic means with a device called an "image dissector."
1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.

Heart surgeon Dr. Michael DeBakey is 98
Jazz musician Sonny Rollins is 76
Singer Alfa Anderson (Chic) is 60
Singer Gloria Gaynor is 57
Actress Julie Kavner is 55
Actor Corbin Bernsen is 52
Model-actress Angie Everhart is 37
Actress Diane Farr is 35
Actress Shannon Elizabeth is 33
Actress Evan Rachel Wood is 19

13 comments:

Melanie said...

I wish I had known - I like Tony Stewart cause he's kind of a bad boy and races for Joe Gibbs.

Al said...

i knew they were there but i didn't go, denny hamlin was at at the track racing yesterday too and i heard that elliott sadler is going to be somewhere appearing for coke!

bobby said...

So who was behind the hockey mask?

Al said...

its scott!+

Claire said...

I knew the picture was not Mickey

Keith said...

Just like the riddle yesterday, I was right in recognizing Scott "the Wall" Woodfin.

Melanie said...

how's donna's first week of school going?

donna said...

So far, the school year is off to a great start. I know I have at least one fellow racing fan in my class. His dad works at H.Depot and he actually got to meet Stewart and Kenseth. He was so excited! I was too tired to go see them or Hamlin. I think Sadler is at the Chester Walmart.
Has has Lee's first week been? Julianne wants to drop out. She's having trouble waking up in the morning!

Melanie said...

So far I thinks his week has been good. Had homework in three courses the first night, his first quiz today - and that's only what I can drag out of him - he is back to his social self going to football games, girl's hockey (wonder why?)tell julianne she'll get use to the early morning - probably by the time the year ends!

Claire said...

I don't have any trouble getting up in the morning

donna said...

I didn't either in the summer, Claire! By the way, Sharon sure was a happy girl this afternoon! You made her day!

Melanie said...

i talked to mark - the girls are doing good. both have adjusted to their new surroundings.

Donna - you and David watch out for my niece - if anyone messes with her beat em up

donna said...

I LOVE seeing Emma in the hall. Today, she ran over and gave me the biggest hug, but first she asked her teacher to please wait for her! Then on the playground, she came over to say "hi" and we talked a little bit. I get teary-eyed when I see her. She's such a big girl now!