Tuesday, September 26, 2006

SOFTBALL TEAM BACK IN FIRST PLACE


Well our Appomattox Insurance softball team is back in first place after sweeping a double header from Oakley Tank Lines 20-9 and 12-9. The turning point in the games took place in game one of the night when AF was trailing 9-7 entering the bottom of the 5th ining, in that inning AF got 20 runs and went on to defeat Oakley Tank Lines 20-9. AF hit the ball very well last night and I did come out of my hitting slump. In Monday Night Football action the New Orleans Saints reopened the Superdome with a 23-3 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. Well with all the computer problems that I was having yesterday I think I might have shortchanged Melanie on her birthday so I thought I would make up for it today by posting another of her, I am sure that she will apprecite it. MICKEY




Real strength is not just a condition of one's muscle, but a tenderness in one's spirit.
McCallister Dodds

1777, British troops occupied Philadelphia during the American Revolution.
1955, following word that President Eisenhower had suffered a heart attack, the
New York Stock Exchange saw its worst price decline since 1929.
1960, the first televised debate between presidential candidates John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon took place in Chicago.

Fitness expert Jack LaLanne is 92
Country singer David Frizzell is 65
Television host Anne Robinson is 62
Singer Olivia Newton-John is 58
Actor James Keane is 54
Country singer Carlene Carter is 51
Country singer Doug Supernaw is 46
Actress Melissa Sue Anderson is 44
TV personality Jillian Barberie is 40
Singer-actress Christina Milian is 25
Tennis player Serena Williams is 25

6 comments:

Keith said...

I thought that was Louanne Poovey before one of her night club acts.

Melanie said...

I knew I couldn't trust you! The picture of me make mash potatoes was too good - NOW you guys know why I gave up dancing!

Al said...

i thought she might be one of the fun girls barney brought to andy on the andy griffen show!

now thats the kinda picture i'm talking about!!! mickey has out done himself!!!!

Keith said...

Nah! That's to fancy for a Mt Pilot or Raliegh girl.

Melanie said...

you are my SON and are suppose to be supportative!!!! I can see all the cousins have trained you well. By the way you were not suppose to tell anyone I still wear the feather head piece when I go out dancing!!!

donna said...

I am ever so grateful that Mickey doesn't have pictures from the Frenier Family archives! Gosh! Dance recital photos??? Is nothing sacred??