Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CLOSING IN ON MY BIRTHDAY


Well it's now less than three days before before my birthday and I am already feel every bit of 40 with all my aches and pains. I am happy to report that my ear is better now and it is at about 95% with an occasional flair up in the morning. I do have a couple more ailments now though, my right elbow is very sore again and the right side of my upper torso is a bit sore as well. I am just getting to old for softball. Scottie's middle school football team will try to extend there winning streak to 2 games this afternoon, Scott didn't know who they will be playing to today but I am sure he will give us an update later today. It is going to be a very cool 70 today here in CH with about 60% chance of rain. I guess Melanie will get some more soup the next time I make it, my soup pot finally returned back to the house Monday night after an extended absence. I have posted an old photo me today with my footabll uniform on, and yes I have always been a Packer fan. MICKEY

1851, American medical pioneer Walter Reed was born in Gloucester County, Va.
1922, the highest shade temperature on the earth's surface was recorded in El Azizia, Libya, which reached 136.4 degrees Fahrenheit.

In order to have a winner, the team must have a feeling of unity; every player must put the team first -- ahead of personal glory.
Paul Bryant

Actress Eileen Fulton ("As the World Turns") is 73
TV producer Fred Silverman is 69
Actress Jacqueline Bisset is 62
Singer Peter Cetera is 62
Actress Jean Smart is 47
Country singer Bobbie Cryner is 45
New York Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams is 38
Actress Louise Lombard ("CSI") is 36
Tennis player Goran Ivanisevic is 35
Country musician Joe Don Rooney (Rascal Flats) is 31

7 comments:

Keith said...

If it wasn't for the helmet, I would've guessed BYU.

It also looks like your shoe of choice is a Stride-rite, unlike Al's powerful PF Flyers.

Al said...

i can't decide if he's a colts fan or a packers fan!!

mickey don't blame all these aches and pains on being almost 40, you've had them since you started playing football with only a helmet and no pads!!

Al said...

glad the soup container made it back! how long ago did you make that soup?

Melanie said...

Hey I liked that pot - it cooks really good!

Melanie said...

Lee has been a Packer's fan since he was little - I may have a picture of him in his packer's uniform.

Keith said...

Mickey the soup nazi - No soup for Melanie

Mickey said...

Mark, I will take that into consideration.