Saturday, September 16, 2006

I AM OFFICIALLY OVER THE HILL




Well I am now officially over the hill and yes I feel like I am 40. Can you believe that somebody put this giant sign in my front yard last night, as you can tell it is no longer in my front yard, I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Well I want to thank everybody for all the cards and well wishes that I got. Now on to sports, the Colonials lost a very hard fought game last night to Park View 20-15, the Colonials played very well in the loss, Park View a had a few big plays that made the difference in the game. I have posted a link below to some photos from last nights game. A couple of other games of note in this area, Varina beat Thomas Dale 9-7 and Mataoca beat Manchester 24-21. Down in Georgia last night Crawford County fell to Manchester 33-0, sounds like the Eagles had a tough night. Down at the beach First Flight improved there record to 2-2 on the season beating North Pitt 28-6, Manteo pounded Williamston 47-6 and Creswell beat Cape Hatteras 28-0. I am heading down to East Carolina tonight to see the Pirates play the Memphis Tigers, the Pirates are looking for the first win of the season after two tough losses. A.G., has the Stony Brook at New Hampshire game today. There are seven games today that have top 25 teams playing each other, there could be allot of changes in the polls next week and there allot of conference matchups as well. I have put the lines from all the ACC games below along with other matchups. Kevin Harvick seems to be on a roll, after winning both races last weekend at Richmond he put his #29 Chevy on the poll at New Hampshire for the 1st race of the final 10. Well I have allot of things to do today before I go to the ECU game tonight. MICKEY

CHHS vs PARK VIEW PHOTOS
http://public.fotki.com/bp2/chhs_athletics/chhs_football/chhs_vs_park_view/
COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES TODAY

DUKE AT VA TECH-35
BYU AT BOSTON COLLEGE-7
WAKE FOREST AT UCONN-6
TROY AT GEORGIA TECH-17.5
WESTERN MICHIGAN AT VIRGINIA-10
MIAMI AT LOUISVILLE-4
FURMAN AT NORTH CAROLINA-14.5
NC STATE AT SOUTHERN MISS-3
CLEMSON AT FLORIDA ST-5
UAB AT GEORGIA-17.5
MEMPHIS AT EAST CAROLINA-3
VMI AT RICHMOND -39
STONY BROOK AT NEW HAMPSHIRE -45.5

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

1810, Mexico began its revolt against Spanish rule.
1919, the American Legion was chartered by an act of Congress.

Actress Janis Paige is 84
Actress Lauren Bacall is 82
Blues singer B.B. King is 81
Clergyman-author Reverend Robert H. Schuller is 80
Basketball hall-of-famer Elgin Baylor is 72
Actor Ed Begley Jr. is 57
Country singer David Bellamy (The Bellamy Brothers) is 56
Magician David Copperfield is 50
Actress Jennifer Tilly is 48
Singer Richard Marx is 43
Comedian Molly Shannon is 42
Blogmaster Mickey Goulder is 40
Singer Marc Anthony is 37
Actress Alexis Bledel is 25
Actress Madeline Zima is 21

19 comments:

Claire said...

I think you have a lot of people who would make that sign. One thing you know is I didn't. Happy birthday Mickey.

Keith said...

Where your picture? When you highligt a name in the birthday list there is normally a picture.

Happy Birthday

Al said...

happy birthday mickey!! i'll bet richard put that sign up!!

bobby said...

I agree with Al ,it was probaably Richard Barlow.HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

bobby said...

I can't believe Andrew picked CH to beat Park View. He needs a CH hat.

Keith said...

I think Al, trying to get you off his trail. Richard?

Booper, Andrew is not happy with the playing around of his picks. His early pick for next week

Armstrong 35
Col Hgst 6

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Mickey!!! Brett's not too far behind you, his b-day is Sept 26th. Hope you have a great day!

Keith said...

It looks like Mickey is wearing Giants uniform in this picture. Perhaps, it is a Colonial jersey. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Al said...

andrew only missed the colonials final score bye 5. good job andrew

and thats not my hand writing on the sign!! if anybody finds out who did it i'd like to know!

Keith said...

The detective that I am, here is my suspects (no particular order).

Donna and Al
Les Fryar "aka Fry"
Melanine and/or Lee
Richard Barlow
The Agnew Boys (might be in town?)

Al said...

i don't know for sure but i saw a pack of wild redheadeds walking around at the football game! could have been them but i can't belive that they would have remembered mickeys birthday

Melanie said...

I wish lee and I thought about it - I missed a good chance! My vote is Donna - looks like a banner you make as a cheer leader and teacher!!!

HAPPY BIRHTDAY MICKEY!!!! Hard to believe you are fort - now I feel old!

donna said...

Sign??? Hmmm....I do know the Sentinnals are riding around at all hours. I hope you have a GREAT 40th Birthday! Try to keep Ricky under control today!

Claire said...

Donns writing is usually a little better than thar but maybe she was trying to change her writing

Mickey said...

I have a pretty good idea he the culprit is.

bobby said...

Keith the detective----- He couldn't find Santa Claus in the Christmas parade.I vote Donna as the sign maker

maryl said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mick! Could not happen to a nicer person!!!!
MIMI

George said...

Happy Birthday Mick!!! I cant believe your 40..Hope you have a great day..George,Melody and Lexi

Al said...

g fox, don't forget and buying his dinner!! plain hamburgers!!! please get it right in the future!