Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Nats 4 Cards 1 - A Trip to RFK


We went to RFK stadium yesterday to watch the Nationals and Andrew's favorite team the Cardinals. There was not a lot of action until the late innings of the game, but it was still a fun day for the Goulder's. I believe that's was my 1st Baseball game at RFK since I was about Andrew's age. The stadium doesn't have the fan friendly features such as the Yard or Phillies new parks, but it still brought back some fond memories of going up to see the Senators with Mom, Dad, and Al (I don't think Mick went) and couple of trips with my little league teams. I can still recall the 1st time I ever walked into the stadium. I was in awe! I was expecting at best something like Shepard Stadium. But, I still had visions of Wakefield, Dundas, Rocky Run, Old Hickory, Baltimore Corner ,Woodpeck Lodge, and Old Parker Field as my only way of measuring a baseball field. Needless to say I was amazed at what I saw. Below are some of the game highlights:

Ramon Ortiz took a no-no into the 9th inning, but lost it as reserve SS Aaron Miles lined the second pitch of the inning over the leaping SS. Ortiz later lost his shutout as Albert Pujols (Andrew's Man) crushed a dinger to the upper deck (see Picture taking of the blast).

5 comments:

Al said...

bye the end of the game did andrew have a nationals hat?

Al said...

the first time i was there i remember the ushers wiping off the seats before you sat down!!! i thought man this is a high class ball feild here!

Claire said...

Love the pictures.

Melanie said...

great pics - as far as I'm concerned there is no stadium like RFK - I haven't been there since the Nationals - I did go to an exibition baseball game there once but can't remember who played. But I saw several football games.

maryl said...

thanks for sharing great pictures!