Tuesday, September 19, 2006

APPOMATTOX FINANCIAL SUFFERS FIRST LOSS



The Appomattox Financial softball team suffered it's first loss of the season last night in game 1 of a double header losing to Attention To Detail 12-9, we just didn't hit the ball until it was to late in game 1. It game two AF rebounded with 12-4 win, we hit the ball well and played great defense in game two, AF record is now 5-1. The Jaguars defeated the Steelers last night 9-0 on Monday Night Football, not a whole lot of offense in this one but both defenses played very well. I have posted another photo from the past, I don't know what year this photo was taken of fellow blogger Marilyn but I am sure she will appreciate this photo. MICKEY

SUNDAY SOCCER PHOTOS
http://public.fotki.com/bp2/chhs_athletics/chhs_girls_soccer_2006/tri_city_united/
Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived.
Abraham Lincoln

1777, American soldiers won the first Battle of Saratoga during the Revolutionary War.
1881, President James A. Garfield died of wounds inflicted by an assassin more than two months earlier.
1970, ''The Mary Tyler Moore Show'' debuted on CBS.

Rhythm-and-blues musician Billy Ward is 85
Baseball hall-of-famer Duke Snider is 80
Actress Rosemary Harris is 76
Actor Adam West is 76
Baseball hall-of-famer, sportscaster Joe Morgan 63
Singer Freda Payne is 61
TV personality Joan Lunden is 56
Singer-actor Rex Smith is 51
Actress Carolyn McCormick is 47
Country singer Jeff Bates is 43
Country singer Trisha Yearwood is 42
News anchor Soledad O'Brien is 40
Actress Sanaa Lathan is 35

8 comments:

Keith said...

Looks like MeMe is disappointed in hearing AF Softball lost their 1st game.

Melanie said...

I must have been sometime in the 80's - that is definately an 80's hair style Is she praying?

Al said...

praying that mickeys softball team doesn't loose any more!

Claire said...

It is hard to remember her hair that color. I hope she will be able to see it because she is at home right now and I don't know if she has access to a computer.

bobby said...

Is the batting slump over?

maryl said...

I think that picture is a sign!!!
I was and still am praying for all of us!!!!!! I will bring good luck now! {Boy, what I did to my hair!}

donna said...

I wore a dress like that in '85! Lookin' good, Marilyn! Hey, Lee, sorry I missed your visit at school today. Darn that faculty meeting! Thanks for the note on the board!

Mickey said...

No, the slump is not over, I did hit the ball much better though.