Wednesday, October 18, 2006

IT'S ALREADY WEDNESDAY

I cannot believe that it is already Wednesday, this week seems to be flying by and before you know it Christmas will be here. I hope everybody has started there Christmas shopping. It is also homecoming week here in Colonial Heights this week with the highlight of the week being the homecoming football game against Prince George on Friday night. The Cardinals won game 5 last night 4-2 and now lead the series over the Mets 3-2 and they will play game 6 tonight in New York. The Tigers are at home resting for the eventual winner of the NL series. I do understand that two fellow bloggers made the trip to the OBX yesterday but are now back at home. I have posted an old photo of me all dressed up, well it's not that but I did still have a bit hair in this photo. Also it's good to see that Scott's back. MICKEY

I don't think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.
W. Somerset Maugham

1767, The boundary between Maryland and Pennsylvania, the Mason-Dixon line, was agreed upon.
1898, The American flag was raised in Puerto Rico shortly before Spain formally relinquished control of the island to the United States.
1931, inventor Thomas Alva Edison died at age 84 in West Orange, N.J.
1950, Connie Mack announced he was retiring after 50 seasons as manager of baseball's Philadelphia Athletics.
1977, Reggie Jackson of the New York Yankees became the second player to hit three home runs in a World Series game as he led New York to an 8-4 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the deciding Game 6.

Former Sen. Jesse Helms, R-N.C., is 85
Rock-and-roll performer Chuck Berry is 80
Sportscaster Keith Jackson is 78
Football coach Mike Ditka is 67
Gospel singer Vickie Winans is 53
Jazz musician Wynton Marsalis is 45
Actress Erin Moran is 45
Tennis player Michael Stich is 38
Country singer Josh Gracin is 26

4 comments:

Claire said...

Does anyone see a picture. I had a hard time getting on the blog today at the beach

Keith said...

I don't see one

Al said...

i see it!! its a halloween picture and mickey is the invisble man!!

I DON"T SEE IT!

those 2 fellow bloggers were me and donna!

bobby said...

Great picture Mickey.Although ,I don't see anyy hair.