Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I THINK I MAY HAVE MISSED MY CALLING


I think I may have missed my calling, maybe I should join the circus, what does everybody else think? Maybe I can get fellow blogger Mark to join the circus with me since he can juggle. The Appomattox Insurance softball team returns to the field tonight weather permitting against HM Roofing at 6:30pm on Lakeview field #2, if we are washed out tonight we will probably make it up Thursday night at the same time and place. The Detroit Tigers took game 1 last night over the A's 5-1 and now lead the series 1-0, they will play game 2 tonight. The NL will start there series tonight with the Cardinals visiting the Mets. This week when the Nextel Cup Series visits the Lowe's Motor Speedway Brian Vickers will have xtra security around him, apparently there have been several threats made against him. I think Jimmy Johnson should just get over what happened and stop complaining, it's not like he hasn't taken out half the field Talladega before, more than once. MICKEY

An ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.
Elbert Hubbard

1890, the Daughters of the American Revolution was founded in Washington.
1975, "NBC Saturday Night" (later "Saturday Night Live") made its debut with guest host George Carlin.
1984, space shuttle Challenger astronaut Kathy Sullivan became the first American woman to walk in space.
1991, comedian Redd Foxx died in Los Angeles at age 68.

Country singer Gene Watson is 63
Singer-musician Daryl Hall is 57
Country singer Paulette Carlson is 53
Football Hall of Fame player Steve Young is 45
Actress Joan Cusack is 44
Actor Sean Patrick Flanery is 41
Actor Luke Perry is 40
Actress Jane Krakowski is 38
Baseball player Orlando Hernandez is 37
Actress Michelle Trachtenberg is 21
Golfer Michelle Wie is 17

8 comments:

Al said...

a agree with scott! maybe we could all go rolling out of my cadillac!!

good point on jimmy johnson mickey, but they all forget when it was the other way around!!!

Claire said...

I wonder if Bobby will bring Frank to the circus with Mickey. What a family!

maryl said...

Hey everybody! I am ready to join the circus - what a great group we would have - just think - we could all go to Florida for the winter!
Ring Leader and Clowns - now who is Scott thinking about!

bobby said...

I know that George holds no hard feelings towards McVicker. That's racing

Al said...

i'm sure george holds no grudges towards mcvickers!!! but brian vickers i'm sure is on the top of his list now!!!

Melanie said...

With this group we could be a travelling circus - I can wear my "chicken outfit" and walk the tight rope!

Melanie said...

seeing this picture reminded me of my dad - dont' know if you were every around when he use to wear his underpants on his head.

donna said...

Gosh, Mick! I didn't know you were so talented. I'm glad you're using towels and not following in Bernard's footsteps for that!