Saturday, May 13, 2006

COLONIALS POSTPONED AGAIN, HEADING TO UVA TODAY

The CH Colonials baseball game with Hopewell was postponed again on friday due to poor field conditions at Shepherd Stadium due to recent rains. The game has been rescheduled for monday at 6pm, it suppose to rain again on sunday and monday so that is very tenative. The Colonials have three regular season games left before the CD tournament which begins on May 23 at Prince George. The Virginia Private School Baseball Tounament begins thursday at the stadium so puts a limit on what days we can play at home this week and the weather for the rest of next week isn't to promising either. I am heading up to see the UVA baseball team play this afternoon at 1pm against the UNC, the Cavs won the 1st game of the series last night 4-1. This is the first time that I gone a UVA baseball game, both teams are ranked in the top 10 in the country. There are about about 10 of us going up there to see the game. Matoaca defeated Dinwiddie last night 3-1 and with the win have pretty much won the the CD baseball championship, they have a two game lead on everybody else and they have a game with Petersburg next week. I did go down to Wal-Mart this morning at 6am and yes the donuts were ready, I think they must have a new bake becuse the last few weeks the donuts have been much better. I also heard that there was a George sighting in CH yesterday but I don't no if there is any proof of this. MICKEY

CD BASEBALL SCORES
Prince George 4 Meadowbrook 2
Prince George 11 Lee Davis 2
Matoaca 3 Dinwiddie 1

I hate all hitters. I start a game mad and I stay that way until it's over.
Don Drysdale

In 1607, the English colony at Jamestown, Va., was settled.

Actress Beatrice Arthur is 84
Singer Stevie Wonder is 56
Basketball player Dennis Rodman is 45
Country singer Lari White is 41
Singer Darius Rucker (Hootie and the Blowfish) is 40
Oakland A's pitcher Barry Zito is 28

7 comments:

Al said...

glad you got your donuts. i heard that george got kicked out of the new go kart track yesterday! well i heard he was there so i'm assumming that he got the boot!!!

donna said...

I have no real proof of the Vonetes family sighting, but take my word, Melody, George and Lexi were in the Heights. They came to the "hub" of the city...Tussing Elementary! That Lexi sure is adorable! Their visit made my day!

George said...

We did make a trip to the Heights hub on Friday. We got to see Donna ,Claire and Prin. Staples who looks no different other than lack of hair from the last time I saw him. PS I did not get tossed from the go-karts but somebody cut off Nicholas and I was forced to take them out 3 laps later. Just meant to rattle their cage. I didnt even get a warning!!!Great track operators!!

Al said...

those officials are all still new. come back in september and see if you can get booted then. i really want you to get booted so you can keep your perfect record! maybe we can have a grudge race after the rehersal dinner!!!

George said...

You read my mind. After rehearsal dinner sounds like the perfect time to race. They do have a slick tight track that could be tricky. Not sure how fast the cars go but its a great chance for Mick to pay me back the money he owes me from Rodanthe. PS Got fitted for my tux today. Nice colors!! Earnhardt colors.

Al said...

yea thats excactly why i picked them !!

Al said...

off temple avenue across the river behind the harley davidson dealership