Friday, May 19, 2006

COLONIALS CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE

The CH Colonials fell to the Meadowbrook Monarchs 4-3 in CD action tuesday, with the loss the Colonials have lost 3 of there last 4. Brett Draper only allowed 5 hits but the Colonial offense woes continued, Brett deserved a better outcome yesterday. The Colonials finish the regular season with a 13-7 record. The Colonials will now have to play Matoaca in the first round of the CD tournament on tuesday at 5pm, this years tournament is at Prince George. Prince George claimed the #2 seed with a 3-0 win over Dinwiddie, those two teams will meet again tuesday night in the second game of the CD tournament. The TD Knights ened there season yesterday with a 12-5 victory at Hopewell, the Knights end there season with a 6-12-1 record. I have not heard how Andrew's LL team did yesterday but I am sure Keith will give us an update on that later today. I am a bit injured right now, I have a huge blister on my right big toe and the top of my right foot is also very sore for some reason. MICKEY

You're not going to win by automatically going out there. It's hard to know what people really expect of you, and I've never tried to live up to expectations anyway. That's no way to play baseball.
Greg Maddux

In 1994, former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis died in New York at age 64.

TV personality David Hartman is 71
Baseball catcher Rick Cerone is 52
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett is 30

12 comments:

Keith said...

Devil Rays fall to Twins 9-6. Andrew was 3-3, 1 rbi, 1 run.

Al said...

the colonials just didn't have any fire in them!!

whats up with your toe? did you get some new shoes?

Melanie said...

way to go Andrew! Keep beating that ball!

Melanie said...

Thanks Scott, hope you are doing well. I saw how much fun you guys are having - just like old times.

Tammy said...

There was no fire in the Colonials but there sure was fire in that official, who couldn't handle the women telling him to keep the plate clean!!

Tammy said...

Good job Andrew!!!! We could have used you last night!

Al said...

i got pictures of him jawing with the ya'll!! and a pic of him cleaning the plate which did need cleaning

go andrew!!

hi mel

Melanie said...

back atcha Al

Melanie said...

tammy - sounds like Brett pitched a good game - congrats.

Tammy said...

Thank you, I am very proud of him. Welcome to Mickey's Place. I wanted to hear from Mrs. Goulder her take on the Umpire....

Claire said...

I hope we have some fire on Tuesday. I will try to behave and not get any umpires mad. Boy he was very thin skinned. I should of made him throw me out. Maybe I should set all by myself

Al said...

i thought you had a leigt question for him!! check the pictures, the plat did need cleaning!