Sunday, May 18, 2008

ANDREW'S TEAM CONTINUES TOUGH STRETCH OF GAMES, PAIN INDEX ON THE RISE




Well Andrew's LL team picked up another victory yesterday afternoon winning 9-7 over the Braves a team which they them earlier in the year very badly. Andrew went 1-3 and made several nice plays in the field as well. Andrew's team will continue there tough stretch of games 4 in 4 days tonight 6pm and Monday & Tuesday at 7:30pm with all games being played at Ironbridge Park. My Pain index is on the rise after cutting the grass yesterday, while trying to start the lawnmower I pulled something in my neck and shoulder area and it's a bit sore this morning. Kasey Kahne won last night Nascar Sprint All-Star race at the Lowe's Motor Speedway, it was a very ho hum race and I don't think anybody even got mad. In the NHL playoffs yesterday Dallas stayed alive with a 2-1 win over Detroit, the Red Wings still lead the series 3-2 though. This afternoon the Penguins will try to put away the Flyers. This past week I had my busy week yest since I started keeping my training log 31.2 miles, I probably won't break that for a while though, I think 25 miles a week may be enough. Well I have to so I can get ready tun. MICKEY

COLONIAL HEIGHTS VS MATOACA SOCCER PHOTOS
http://public.fotki.com/bp2/chhs_athletics/chhs_girls_soccer_2006/chhs-girls-soccer-2008/colonial-heights-at-2/

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; don't walk behind me, I may not lead; walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Albert Camus

Listening to music found to lower blood pressure
Listening to half an hour of music each day may significantly lower your blood pressure, according to research reported at the American Society of Hypertension meeting in New Orleans this week.

1897 - William Joyce (New York Giants) set a record when he hit four triples in one game.

1933 - The first major league All-Star Game was announced. It was to be played on July 6 at Comiskey Park as part of the Chicago World's Fair.

1934 - Jimmie Foxx hit the first home run in Comiskey Park.

1942 - New York ended night baseball games for the duration of World War II.

1956 - Mickey Mantle hit home run from both sides of the plate for the third time.

Bill Macy Actor 86
Pernell Roberts Actor ("Bonanza," "Trapper John, M.D.") 80
Robert Morse Actor ("How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying") 77
Dwayne Hickman Actor 74
Brooks Robinson Baseball Hall of Famer 71
Rodney Dillard Bluegrass musician (The Dillards) 66
Reggie Jackson Baseball Hall of Famer 62
Candice Azzara Actress 61
Joe Bonsall Country singer (The Oak Ridge Boys) 60
Rick Wakeman Rock musician (Yes) 59
George Strait Country singer 56
Butch Tavares R&B singer 55
Chow Yun-Fat Actor 53
Page Hamilton Rock singer, musician (Helmet) 48
Jari Kurri Hockey Hall of Famer 48
Martika Singer actress 39
Tina Fey ("30 Rock," "Saturday Night Live") 38
Darryl Allen R&B singer (Mista) 28
Matt Long Actor 28
Spencer Breslin Actor 16

1 comment:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.