Thursday, November 06, 2008

HEADING TO THE DENTIST, NEW POLICE SCANNER



Well I will be heading to the dentist this afternoon for my 6 month checkup so my PAIN index may be on the rise on Friday. Also todays visit will mark the last time my regular dentist will be there, he is retiring soon and has sold his business to another dentist. I have been going to the same dentist since I was in elementary school, hopefully I will like the new dentist as well. Well I bought my self an early Christmas present last week when I purchased a new police scanner so I can try to keep up with whats going on here in Colonial Heights, I haven't had one here in CH in a while after they switched to new radio system in which my old scanner wouldn't pick up anything. I have to say it set my back quite a few dollars though, however it seems to be working well. I do have all the picks in now that Dusty finally set his in, apparently he didn't have his picks ready when Scott sent the rest of the family's in. There are two college football games tonight in this weeks contest. My PAIN index has gone down this morning but since I am going to the dentist today I am sure it may be on the rise again by Friday. MICKEY

Honesty, disinterestedness and good nature are indispensable to procure the esteem and confidence of those with whom we live, and on whose esteem our happiness depends. -- Thomas Jefferson

Oatmeal Face Scrub
Make a paste with oatmeal and water and apply it liberally to your face. Let the paste dry completely and then rub it off with your fingers. As you remove the oatmeal you will also remove any dead skin. Lastly, rinse your face with warm water.

DID YOU KNOW
Apples are more efficient than coffee try to wake you up.

True wisdom lies in gathering the precious things out of each day as it goes by.

Drink Apple Juice
Research from the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UML) indicates that apple juice increases the production of the essential neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain, resulting in an increased memory power.

Mike Nichols Director 77
Stonewall Jackson Country singer 76
Eugene Pitt Singer (The Jive Five) 71
P.J. Proby Rock singer 70
Guy Clark Country singer 67
Sally Field Actress 62
Glenn Frey (The Eagles) 60
Rory Block Blues singer 59
Arturo Sandoval Jazz trumpeter 59
Maria Shriver Broadcast journalist 53
Lori Singer Actress ("Fame") 51
Lance Kerwin Actor 48
Peter DeLuise Actor 42
Kelly Rutherford Actress ("Gossip Girl," "Melrose Place") 40
Ethan Hawke Actor 38
Rebecca Romijn Model, actress ("Ugly Betty") 36
Thandie Newton ("W.")Actress 36
Zoe McLellan Actress ("Dirty Sexy Money") 34
Nicole Dubuc Actress 30
Ana Ivanovic Tennis player 21
Mercedes Kastner Actress 19

3 comments:

Les said...

Things are bound to go well this afternoon when you go to the dentist. Your new dentist is a graduate from the University of Pittsburgh. Yes the one in Pennstylvania. Your dad may want to change dentist when he learns this.

Lee said...

kevin has a police scanner and we listen to it all the time up here at vcu....we can pick up colonial heights from here...i have heard a family member mentioned once on the scanner.

Mickey said...

Whose name did you hear and what for.