Wednesday, August 30, 2006

TS ERNESTO COULD BRING HEAVY RAIN TO CH




The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch from this evening thru Friday evening for the potential of flash flooding in this area. They say there is the potential for 3-5 inches of rain over this period, we need the rain but we don't need it all at once. Down on the OBX since midnight they have received 1.14 inches of rain from a stalled out front. The Reds no longer lead the NL wildcard after losing to the Dodgers 6-5, I think the Reds are done. There are 8 teams within 3 games of the NL Wildcard lead. I think the Crawford County Middle School has a game today (Scottie) but I don't know who the play, maybe Scott can fill us in on that. I have posted an old photo from the past of the first dog that I ever had Pepper sitting at the top of the steps , I am sure there allot of bloggers who remember Pepper. MICKEY

Losing a game is heartbreaking. Losing your sense of excellence or worth is a tragedy.
Joe Paterno

1862, Union forces were defeated by the Confederates at the Second Battle of Bull Run in Manassas, Va.
1945, Gen. Douglas MacArthur arrived in Japan to set up Allied occupation headquarters

Country singer Kitty Wells is 87
Actor (''I Dream of Jeannie,'' ''The Bob Newhart Show'') Bill Daily is 78
Actress Elizabeth Ashley is 67
Comedian Lewis Black is 58
Country singer Sherrie Austin is 35
Actress Cameron Diaz is 34
TV personality Lisa Ling is 33
Seattle Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander is 29
Tennis player Andy Roddick is 24

8 comments:

Melanie said...

pepper dog was fun - all of us had good times with him.

Scott good luck to your boys - I hope they hit 'em hard.

Claire said...

How could we forget Pepper.
We had a storm here last night. Brady would not of liked it at all. I got up an looked at the radar at 4:00

Al said...

pepper my doggie, pepper my friend. pepper will stick with me to the end!! a little song penned by mickey when he was probably 5 or 6!!

maryl said...

MEMORIES - Pepper dog is sure one of the very memorable one! As sister said - we had a storm last night - alot of lightning and thunder - Brady would have been nuts! Scott, thinking about you,Scottie, Joy - so good to see you and spend time with ya'll this summer.

Claire said...

I still sing the song about Pepper when I think of her

Al said...

i remember that mark!! pepper my doggie pepper my friend was the only classic though!

Melanie said...

I remember the song now- and the tune. remember when mickey had appendicitis - he told bobby and claire he wanted pepper to visit him in the hospital and lick his face.

donna said...

Sometimes Al and I get to laughing in church when we're supposed to be singing "Blessed Assurance", but the pepper song comes to mind instead!