Friday, August 18, 2006

I AM HEADING BACK TO THE BEACH TONIGHT



I will be heading back to the beach tonight for the first time since my July vacation. I am returning to the scene of the crime where I got water in my ear and I am hoping to leave that water at the beach when I leave. Elliott Sadler will make his Nextel Cup debut in the 19 car this weeekend at Michigan, maybe he can turn his season around and also turn the 19 cars fortunes around also. In North Carolina high school football starts tonight and both schools from the OBX will be in action with First Flight playing at Northside Pinetown and Manteo playing at Currituck. The Reds blew another chance to get closer to the Cards yesterday falling to the Cards 2-1 in xtra innings, they just couldn't get the big hit when the neeeded it. MICKEY

1587, Virginia Dare became the first child of English parents to be born on American soil, on what is now Roanoke Island, N.C. (However, the colony Virginia was born into ended up mysteriously disappearing.)
1914, President Wilson issued his "Proclamation of Neutrality," aimed at keeping the United States out of World War I.
1983, Hurricane Alicia slammed into the Texas coast, leaving 22 dead and causing more than $1 billion in damage.

There are no shortcuts in life -- only those we imagine.
Frank Leahy

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter is 79
Actor Robert Redford is 69
Actor-comedian Martin Mull is 63
Country singer Steve Wilkinson (The Wilkinsons) is 51
Actor Denis Leary is 49
News anchor Bob Woodruff is 45
Actor Christian Slater is 37
Actress Kaitlin Olson is 31

5 comments:

Al said...

mickey, get you some swimmers ear and squirt that in your ear to prevent addtional water from coming in!

Claire said...

Al do you think Mickey will give it a another chance.

Al said...

no!

Claire said...

I was wondering where the birthday picture was. I don't now her

Al said...

thanks scott!!! but with the new format at mickey place i was able to pick up on it right away!!!