Tuesday, August 01, 2006

CH WINS OPENER IN APPOMATTOX PLAYOFFS


CH defeated Prince George 12-2 last night in the 1st round of the Appomattox League playoffs on a very hot and muggy night at Prince George. CH got 10 runs in the bottom of the 3rd to break the game open, we will play Manchester wednesday night at 8pm at Hopewell High School semi-finals. There were several fellow bloggers at the game Mark, Melanie, Tammy, and dad besides me and Lee. Speaking of Lee he will be getting his drivers license later this morning, so everybody be careful north of the high school area. Also tonight Andrew's baseball team will play at 8pm at the Robious Athletic Complex on the AAA field, maybe Keith can give us another update on last nights game. I have posted an old photo of two bloggers sitting on the porch from many years, it looks like they are working on some type of car. Remember it's going to be very hot today so try to stay cool. MICKEY

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

DAILY PONERABLE
Reality is what's left to us after all of our failures to find it.

1876 Colorado was admitted to the union as the 38th state.
1978 Pete Rose's 44-game hitting streak - the second longest in major league history - came to an end as the Cincinnati Reds star went hitless in a game against the Atlanta Braves.

Tennis hall-of-famer Jack Kramer 85
Cartoonist Tom Wilson (retired creator of "Ziggy") is 75
Actor-comedian Dom DeLuise is 73
UNC basketball coach Roy Williams 56
Arizona Cardinals running back Edgerrin James is 28 years

1993 Ewing Kaufman, founder/owner (Kansas City Royals), dies of lung cancer at 76
1980 Strother Martin, actor (Slapshot), dies of heart attack at 61

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Mr. Know-It-All looks very studious with those black glasses

Al said...

in this picture i was having trouble getting my cox gas funny car tuned up just right so i called on mr know it all to help me get it straight!

Keith said...

Andrew's team fell to Mechanicsville last night 16-15. Mechanicsville scored a run to in the bottom of 6th to win. Andrew was 2 for 3 w/ 2 RBIs.

They play the Chesterfield Knights tonight. They'll need to win at least 1 of the two games remaining to advance in pool play. They might need to win both

Claire said...

Mickey does that mean your phone. I think I still have paint on the front porch from the car making.

PS HAHA You can have my phone because I'm still havng trouble with it

Mickey said...

I might just change companies, I guess I will have to shop around. I don't have a contract with them and I might switch if I think I am getting a bad deal.

Al said...

its uncle mr know it all to you leigh!!