Sunday, August 13, 2006

IT FELT LIKE FALL THIS MORNING





I went out to get the paper this morning and it felt like fall had arrived overnight, there was no humidity and the temp was around 60. However the cool days won't last long after today's high in the mid 80's it looks like temps will rise into the low 90's the rest of the week. I know it's only preseason but it looks like Green Bay has started off just like they played most of last season losing 17-3 to San Diego, it looks like it could be another long season. After yesterday's softball practice at Lakeview (6 or 7 of us) it looks like this years team has a whole lot more pop in there bat, the ball was flying out of Lakeview pretty well. I think defensively we will be ok also, it's hard to tell though until we can get everybody there. Kurt Busch won yesterday's Busch race at Watkins Glen and he will be on the pole for today's race also at Watkins Glen. I hope everybody is getting use to the new layout on Mickey's Place, there are a few things different from the old layout but I do think the new one looks better. MICKEY

If you aren't playing well, the game isn't as much fun. When that happens I tell myself just to go out and play as I did when I was a kid.
Thomas J. Watson

1521 Spanish conqueror Hernando Cortez captured present-day Mexico City from the Aztecs.
1934 The comic strip ''Li'l Abner'' by Al Capp made its debut.

Cuban President Fidel Castro is 80
Singer Don Ho is 76
Hockey hall-of-famer Bobby Clarke is 57
Singer Dan Fogelberg is 55
Actor Danny Bonaduce is 47
Country singer Andy Griggs is 33

1996 Tom Mees, ESPN sports anchors (NHL), drowns at 46
1995 Mickey Mantle, baseball great (New York Yankees), dies of cancer at 63
1992 Clifford Allison, U.S. stock-car racer, dies in an accident at 27
1989 Tim Richmond, race car driver dies of AIDS at 34

4 comments:

Claire said...

Where is everybody today. I think they are too busy for the blog

Mickey said...

I may stop posting on the weekends if it stays this slow.

Claire said...

Me to

Al said...

i personally like the new blog! the weekends are always slow!