Thursday, August 17, 2006

REDS BOUNCE BACK AGAINST CARDS



The Cincinnati Reds bounced back last night against the Cardinals with a 7-2 victory, the Reds are back to within 1.5 games of first now and play the Cards again this afternoon at 2pm for the last time this season. The Reds do lead the wildcard standings by 1 game over Arizona, the Braves slide continued last night in DC with 9-6 loss to the Nationals. My ear is still not right but I still haven't gone to the Dr. yet either, I thought it was getting a little better but now I think it is about the same. It still doesn't hurt at all but I can't hear real good out my right ear, besides my ear problem nothing else is bothering me. I have posted an old slide that I scanned of mom and Glenn playing in the ocean from the early 1970's as you can tell Glenn wasted not expense with his swim trunks, I think still has those trunks. MICKEY

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.
Winston Churchill

1969 Hurricane Camille slammed into the Gulf Coast, killing 248 people.
1969 the Woodstock Music and Art Fair concluded near Bethel, N.Y.

Actor Robert DeNiro is 63
Tennis hall-of-famer Guillermo Vilas is 54
Singer Belinda Carlisle is 48
Actor Sean Penn is 46
Football coach John Gruden is 43
Country singer Maria McKee is 42
Tennis player Jim Courier is 36
New York Yankees catcher Jorge Posada is 35

1990 Pearl Bailey, actress (Landlord)/singer, dies of heart attack at 72
1988 Franklin D Roosevelt Jr, (Rep-D-NY, 1949-55), dies on his 74th birthday

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Do we have the picture anywhere when he he went out in the ocean and held the pants up?

Al said...

melanie i'm pretty sure that event happened during the same visit as the picture was taken!!

Claire said...

I don't think so but I know it happened because I was there

Al said...

me too!!!