Tuesday, August 08, 2006

NOT MUCH HAPPENING HERE

Well there sure isn't much happening here in CH. To say it's been quiet is an understatement. I have posted an old photo of myself and it was taken when I was in the 6th or 7th grade and yes I did have allot of hair back then(I will add photo later, blogger not letting me add photos at this time). Donna and Al are the beach went down to the OBX last night for a short midweek trip to the beach. Andrew had his first football practice last night and Keith said he caught the ball pretty well, they have practice every night this week for a couple of hours. I did watch the Braves for a while last night and then I switched it to the Reds game for a while and I think that both teams are done for the season, the Reds still have a shot at the wildcard but that shot is starting fade also, the Braves are done. MICKEY

Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return.
Og Mandino

1945 The Soviet Union declared war against Japan during World War II
1974 President Richard Nixon announced he would resign following damaging revelations in the Watergate scandal.

Actress Esther Williams is 85
oan Mondale (wife of former Vice President Walter F. Mondale) is 76
Singer Mel Tillis is 74
Country singer Phil Balsley (The Statler Brothers) is 67
TV personality Deborah Norville is 48
Country singer Mark Wills is 33
Rhythm-and-blues singer Drew Lachey (98 Degrees) is 30

1985 Louise Brooks, actress (Pandora's Box), dies of a heart attack at 78
1984 Richard Deacon, actor (Mel Cooley-Dick Van Dyke Show), dies at 62
1975 Julian "Cannonball" Alderly, sax player, dies of a stroke at 46
1934 Wilbert Robinson, baseball manager (Brooklyn Dodgers), dies

3 comments:

Al said...

its a nice day at the beach, but aren't they all!!

donna said...

I LOVE this OBX life! :)

Mickey said...

I still can't post a photo so you will not get to see it, I don't know what the problem because Scott and Mom were able to post photos.