Friday, August 11, 2006

LOOKS LIKE A NICE WEEKEND



Well it looks like it's going to be a nice weekend here in CH after a few showers today. The temps are only suppose to be in the low 80's today and saturday and mid 80's on sunday and at nigh it is going to be a bit cooler than it has been also with a low around 60 tonight and 56 saturday night. I might have to pull out of my sweatshirt when I go down to Wal-Mart. An old Petersburg landmark the Walnut Mall is no longer, they started bringing it down a couple of days ago, it use to be the place to go before the built Southpark Mall. The Nextel Cup series is on the road course at Watkins Glen, NY this weekend, this usually is one of the most boring races of the year, not a whole lot of passing at all. Even though it is a road course there are several drivers who need to have a good run to stay in the race for the chase. How are Andrew's football practices going? How does everybody like my license plate, I made it on the web yesterday. MICKEY

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
Charlie Chaplin

1909 The SOS distress signal was first used by an American ship, the Arapahoe, off Cape Hatteras, N.C.
1934 The first federal prisoners arrived at the island prison Alcatraz in San Francisco Bay.

Former TV talk show host Mike Douglas is 81
Rev. Jerry Falwell is 73
Country singer John Conlee is 60
Wrestler-actor Hulk Hogan is 53
Actress Viola Davis is 41

1995 Phil Harris, Linton In, actor/comedian (Jack Benny Show), dies at 89
1994 Peter Cushing, actor (Star Wars, Dr. Who), dies of cancer at 81

12 comments:

Melanie said...

I like the plate mick - too bad it's too many letters for a real plate.

Al said...

look at those pythons with alittle more work they'll be as big as mine!!!

Claire said...

It would make a good one but it's too long but it could be MiksPCE. I'm sure someone can think up a better one

Keith said...

Andrew is no longer playing football. Maureen and I couldn't committ to the practice schedule, so we pulled him. Plus, his baseball team is suppose to play on SATs and/or SUNs during the fall.

Claire said...

I'm glad to hear that he is not playing football.

Al said...

keep us posted with the baseball schedule!

Melanie said...

you can always try soccer.

bobby said...

Wash your moith out with soap... Melanie

Tammy said...

Mel ... I am surprised at you.. soccer --

Mickey said...

I don't see Keith letting Andrew play soccer.

donna said...

I really don't enjoy the game of soccer, but I sure do enjoy watching my daughter play. IF by some chance it will help in some way to pay for college, I have to be a soccer mom!!!!!!!

Al said...

i have a new apreciation for soccer. depending on what team your playing it can be as rough as football, the only difference is the only pads you have are shin pads!!

scott i heard andrew play and he's doing a good job so leave him alone!!