Tuesday, August 29, 2006

TROPICAL STORM ERNESTO



Tropical Storm Ernesto on it's current track could bring us some much needed rain here in CH either Thursday or Friday. Some areas around got a pretty good storm last night but here in CH we barely got a drop. The Reds slide continued last night falling to the Dodgers 6-5 and with the loss there are 6 teams within 3.5 games of the Reds for the wildcard. The Green Bay Packers didn't fair much better last night losing to the Bengals 48-17, the Packers could be in for another long year, I just don't think there defense is to good. I have posted an old photo of a cookout at the beach, it looks like dad has everything on the grill under control as few fellow bloggers look on. I have also posted a photo from the beach that mom took yesterday. Well I am out soup now I hope everybody enjoyed it. MICKEY

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.
Bear Bryant

1944, 15,000 American troops marched down the Champs Elysees in Paris as the French capital continued to celebrate its liberation from the Nazis.

2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast near Buras, La.; the resulting floods devastated the city of New Orleans. More than 1,300 people died in Louisiana while an estimated 300 Louisiana residents died out of state; some 230 people perished in Mississippi. Property damage estimates were in the hundreds of billions of dollars.

Sen. John McCain R-Ariz., is 70
Actor Elliott Gould is 68
TV personality Robin Leach is 65
Country musician Dan Truman (Diamond Rio) is 50
Actress Rebecca DeMornay is 44
Actress Carla Gugino is 35
Houston Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt is 29
Actress Jennifer Landon is 23

8 comments:

Keith said...

I'm eatting my soup tonight.

Melanie said...

Mom had her soup last night, and I tasted some it was really good - I have brought some for lunch today. Thanks Mick!

Al said...

check me out in my RS(ronnie staples) high performance t-shirt! and we can see 1/2 of the blogg master in the lawn chair on the right!! he might want to flip those burgers

Melanie said...

Is that the first year we all went to the beach together? I remember that top - Momma made it for me.

Melanie said...

If he flipped the burgers they wouldn't be the same - burnt.

Claire said...

I think that is where he got his famous name. Bobby Burnt Burgers

Al said...

this is where bobby burnt burgers started!! very historic pic!!

bobby said...

I learn form the original one and only Bernie's Burnt Burger. From that the luckym dog was originated years later.