Saturday, January 07, 2006

REDSKINS BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS



The Washington Redskins will begin there run to the Super Bowl this afternoon in Tampa again the Bucs. The Bucs are favored by 1.5 points in this game but I think the Skins will pull this one out. In my Super Bowl poll the Skins got 67% of the vote, the rest of the poll results are posted below, only 4 teams even received votes. The CH boys basketball team lost to Hopewell last night 81-66, the CH girls team was suppose to play Midlothian last night but the game was postponed because the officials didn't show up. The Richmond Riverdogs got pounded pretty good last night by the Muskegon Fury 6-2, the Dogs really were never in this one. They play Muskegon tonight again and the outcome could be worst tonight, there were three fights in the game, Muskegon Brett Angel fought Matt Goody twice with Angel getting a slight decision in both bouts. The photo today is of me back in the days when I thought I could be a placekicker, I even had hair back then. MICKEY

SUPER BOWL POLL RESULTS
REDSKINS 67%
PATRIOTS 17%
STEELERS 11%
COLTS 6%

"You argue with the umpire because there is nothing else you can do about it."
Leo Durocher

Singer Kenny Loggins is 58
Today" show co-host Katie Couric is 49
Country singer David Lee Murphy is 47

8 comments:

George said...

Mickey those shorts look a lot like the old CHHS gym shorts..Did Bobby bring you a pair home from school?

Mickey said...

They are CHHS gym shorts, I might have been in the 7th grade at the time of the photo.

Al said...

surely they are not 1972 models

George said...

1972 model huh Gary? Man I was 1 year old way back then. Do those shorts get you any discount at the gym?

Mickey said...

I think they have blue shorts now.

Al said...

whens the last time you've seen the inside of a gym george? with you 1989 model shorts or with vintage 1972's!

George said...

Last time I saw a gym was when Mick and I played basketball while Bobby jogged inside the school..Somewhere around 1995..I won those games by the way too...I am the star athlete ya know..

Al said...

i wait to hear from mickey on whether or not you won or lost!! knowing mickey he changed the rules on you as he went along so he could win!