Wednesday, September 07, 2005

ICU Sweeps Double Header

The ICU softball team got of to a good start on the season tonight sweeping a DH 15-5 and 18-15 over The Dynasty. The first game was never in doubt, but the second game was a different story. It didn't take me long to get into the game the batter hits one right to me and I thru him out by a step and he was a speedster. I went 3-7 on the evening and I got on base once on a error. I had 10-12 plays at ss with no errors tonight. Brian Holt and David Gwaltney each homered for the ICU. In the second game we are up 10-2 before the got 8 runs in the 4th inning and 4 runs and the 5th to lead 14-10 going to the top of the 6th when we got 8 runs to lead 18-14. The Dynasty was only able to get 1 run in the bottom of the 6th, and time ran out with ICU getting a 18-15 vicory. We did suffer three injuries in the second game, we had two players with pulled hamstrings and one pulled groin. I was not one of the injured, we have a week off to recover from all on the injuries because we don't play again until next thursday on Lakeview #1 at 6:30pm. MICKEY

2 comments:

Al said...

sounds like if ya'll can keep the old man injuries down ya'll might be tough!

bobby said...

Break up the ICU. With that line up and payroll they ought to win.With those injuries ,I hope they have a ringer in reserve.