Sunday, August 29, 2010

CAR NOW HAS 80 MILES ON IT

Well I took my new car out yesterday morning for a bit of a ride and it now has 80 miles on it. I took out on the interstate and opened up to about 70 which is half the speed on the speedometer, I don't know of any reason that I would need to run 140. Well a few more picks for the college football contest cam in yesterday but I still don't have nothing from the Georgia contention or Andrew for that matter and the college contingent with the exception of Biff is also missing but you do have until Wednesday night. The Sprint Cups Series is off today but the Nationwide Series will be racing on the road course at Montreal. The Cincinnati Reds blew a chance to extend there lead to 5 games over the Cardinals in the NL Central when they lost to the Cubs 3-2, in the NL East the Braves still lead the Phillies by 2 games. I did cut the grass again yesterday and I am glad to report that there no injuries this week for my effort. MICKEY

GET MOVING
A study from the University of George found that when sleep-deprived people exercised, their perceived level of energy increased by 20 percent and their fatigue was reduced by 65 percent. Take out the dog for a quick walk, power through some crunches and push-ups during the commercial breaks, or pop in one of our favorite workout DVDs.

Frozen Food. Cheaper than the fresh stuff? Yup, and usually packed with sodium and fats. Go with this advice from a diabetes educator: shop the perimeter of the supermarket for the health stuff . . . skip the frozen section.

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much. Erastus Wiman

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt cutting the grass.