Saturday, July 04, 2009

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY





Well I hope everybody has a safe an Happy Independence Day, I will be spending my last day at the beach before heading back to the Heights. I will probably be gone by Noon tomorrow on my way home. Scott and his family will be heading back to Georgia sometime today. Yesterday I didn't make it down to the beach, I just wasn't feeling to good yesterday I was a bit tired. Dad said it was the most people that he has ever seen on the beach, well I got a feeling that record will be broken today. Last night we all went to The Tale of the Whale Restaurant in Nags Head and I have to say that it was very good. I got a slab of ribs that were as good as any that I have ever had and they really weren't to messy either which is a good thing. I know one thing if I stay much longer here on the OBX that I am going to have to go on a diet, it seems that I am eating everything in sight. I might have to run a couple of extra miles today or go on another bicycle ride. Qualifying for tonights race at Daytona was rained out so Tony Stewart will be starting on the pole. MICKEY

Precious freedom
Freedom is what makes the very best possibilities possible. It is truly a treasure that nothing else can replace.

Freedom does not guarantee any specific result, and that is in fact its beauty. Instead, freedom gives you the priceless opportunity to create your own results.

Freedom taps into the awesome power of each unique individual. Freedom is the fertile ground from which magnificent achievements spring forth with unceasing vigor.

The demands of freedom are great. To live with freedom requires effort and discipline, commitment and sacrifice.

Yet the rewards of freedom are even greater. For in freedom you truly become the best you can be.

Resolve today, and every day, to make the most of the precious freedom that is yours.

-- Ralph Marston
http://greatday.com


Gloria Stuart Actress ("Titanic") 99
Mitch Miller Bandleader 98
Pauline Phillips Advice columnist ("Dear Abby") 91
Eva Marie Saint Actress 85
Gina Lollobrigida Actress 82
Neil Simon Playwright 82
George Steinbrenner Baseball owner 79
Ray Pillow Country singer 72
Bill Withers R&B singer 71
Ed Bernard Actor 70
Karolyn Grimes Actress ("It's a Wonderful Life") 69
Geraldo Rivera Broadcast Journalist 66
Ralph Johnson Rock musician (Earth, Wind and Fire) 58
John Waite Rock singer 54
Kirk Pengilly Rock musician (INXS) 51
Teddy Carr Country musician 49
Pam Shriver Tennis Hall of Famer 47
Matt Malley Rock musician (Counting Crows) 46
Horace Grant Basketball player 44
Al Madrigal Actor 38
Jenica Bergere Actress 35
John Lloyd Young Actor, singer 34
Stephen "Ste" McNally Singer (BBMak) 31
Becki Newton ("Ugly Betty")Actress 31

No comments: