Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BASEBALL SEASON COMES TO AN END


Well our Appomattox League baseball season came to an end last night at Petersburg last night when we lost to Wakefield 10-4, just like in high school walks pretty much did us in. If it sounds like I am a little groggy this morning I am because I am tired, the first game last night didn't end until about 7:50pm and then the umps needed about a 30 minute break so our game didn't start till around 8:30pm and didn't en until about 10:40 or so. I didn't get to be until after midnight and then had to get up at 5:30am which made for a very short night. I am going to work. MICKEY

If you currently drink regular soda, diet is still a better choice. Every 12-ounce can of the real thing floods your body with 136 calories -- most of it courtesy of 33 grams of high-fructose corn syrup, which you don't need.

ON THIS DAY IN
1940 Bugs Bunny made his debut in the Warner Bros. animated cartoon "A Wild Hare."

4 comments:

Claire said...

Mickey you will be able to get your sleep tonight.

We are going to the beach today.

Anonymous said...

they just don't make umps like they use too.

Lee said...

I'd hate to see the long break the umps needed if it was in the triple digits. I guess you have a bunch of Joe West's out there.

Mickey said...

I FORGOT TO MENTION WE HAD TO STOP THE GAME FOR 10 MINUTES AFTER THE BALL GOT STUCK IN THE UMPIRES MASK AND THEY COULDN'T GET OUT FOR A WHILE AND ONCE THEY DID IT WAS BROKE AND HE HAD TO BACK TO THE CAR AND BORROW THE OTHER UMPS MASK.