Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I SLEPT LIKE A ROCK LAST NIGHT


After not getting much sleep the night before I have to say I slept like a rock last night. I went to be at 11pm and I didn't wake up until my alarm clock went off this morning at 5:50am this morning. I have to say I feel well rested and ready to go this morning. I went see the CH girls basketball team knock off the EVIL EMPIRE last night 54-47, it was a pretty close game all the way with biggest lead for CH being 8 points and TD did lead the game several times but the Colonials were able to pull it out down the stretch. The Colonials are now 4-2 on the season and the CH boys team will be at TD tonight. It looks like we are going to be getting a little rain here in Colonial Heights today and with the rain the temps will not get out of the upper 50's, but after today it looks like it is going mild an in the lower 60's threw Tuesday. I have posted an old photo of mom getting ready to cook Christmas dinner. MICKEY

Dreams are the touchstones of our character.
Henry David Thoreau

Chocolate on a diet!
Yes, you can find 25-calorie treats! The trick for dieters who get tripped up by feelings of deprivation is learning to indulge in favorites wisely rather than swearing them off entirely. If you love chocolate, a kiss has only 25 calories, compared to 270 in a chocolate bar. For many, such substitutions make them more likely to stick to a healthier eating plan. But everyone is different: If you find that "just a little" leads to a lot, stay away from temptation, at least for awhile.

FAST FACT BUT IT IS TRUE
In Atlanta, Georgia, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.

1577, Sir Francis Drake of England set out with five ships on a nearly three-year journey that would take him around the world.
1862, Confederate forces dealt Union troops a major defeat at the Battle of Fredericksburg.
2000, Republican George W. Bush claimed the presidency 36 days after Election Day; Democrat Al Gore conceded defeat.

Actor-comedian Dick Van Dyke is 81
Country singer Buck White is 76
Baseball hall-of-famer Ferguson Jenkins is 63
Singer Ted Nugent is 58
Actor Robert Lindsay is 57
Country singer-musician Randy Owen is 57
Actress Wendie Malick (''Just Shoot Me'') is 56
Country singer John Anderson is 52
Actor-comedian Jamie Foxx is 39
Actress Chelsea Hertford is 25

3 comments:

Al said...

she looks alot like mother nature!!

Al said...

wait is that chelsea hertfords pic?

Claire said...

I made that dress and I probably still have it in my closet. It is not nice to talk about Mother nature.